Old track help. HO (OO) x HOe (OO9) crossing.

• 8 months later...

I remember that dual crossing when it was out. It might have been produced by Mehano, but they did take over other ranges, in particular old Rivarossi locos, and maybe another company had designed this then dropped it.

As for a reason for connecting N gauge and HO track, some people run diffeent scales/gauges together because it suits them, or whoever designed this might only have had access to N gauge track.

If it had been intended for narrow gauge then its more likely Minitrains/Roco or Lilliput had a hand in it. They might have even commissioned Mehano to produce it. Mehano track is normally steel, or is now, so producing this cross over in nickel silver is odd. Jouef also used to prefer using steel, but I have some Jouef nickel silver points in HO.

As for different rail heights I have never had a problem as you can always equalise them my filing the underside of the deeper rail. It should also be said that current Japanese N gauge track is not same profile as other N gauge, and Peco N gauge rail joiners won't fit. You have to be prepared to adapt if you model narrow gauge sometimes.

• 5 years later...
7 hours ago, RYAN.NSR said:

They are old AHM Minitracks crossovers that have isolation points. 

Just a question, but are you selling them? I could do with one for my layout. 

Cheers. Hadn't planned on selling them, I would like to use them on a dual gauge layout at some point in the future.