Vossloh G1206

hi everyone

i'm thinking of getting a vossloh g1206, in vfli or colas livery (or will consider any other operator that has / had them in france,,,)

which model do people suggest?  piko or mehano?  is there much between them?

cheers

tim

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Tim,

Only just found this topic, I have a Piko G1206 in CFL Cargo colours (All black and white ends) and it's one of my best loco's to date. It's got a piece under the tank in the middle for a speaker, so you can drop one it and chip it and away you go. I haven't had a look at the Mehano version but have seen that they are a bit more pricey, but best have a look around for them. The model does have traction tyres which makes hauling wagons so much easiler but the down side is getting spares although the place you bought it from should be able to get them, otherwise try ebay.de for spares. I have bought many loco's and wagons from the german ebay site and found the sellers to be brilliant (It's always best to ask if they will sell them to you, 99% will sell to you, you might get the odd one who won't)  At the moment my G1206 is currently running around my layout with 21 Shimmns covered steel wagons and I have a Colas rail 56 which is hauling 20 Shimmns wagons and the G1206 is by far the best in top speed and hauling capability.

Hope this makes the decision easy for you.

Mathew

Cheers Matthew that has made my mind up so I have ordered a Piko G1206 in VFLI red! It was about 85 pounds.

I have seen CFL vossloh locos in real life. I have a photo of one in black I took a few years ago.

I notice that these locos often work in pairs so I may buy another VFLI one in the future, maybe in blue.

Given that VFLI is owned by SNCF do their locos work in multiple with Fret locos very often?

Where did you buy the sound chip from for your loco?

Tim

Cheers Matthew that has made my mind up so I have ordered a Piko G1206 in VFLI red! It was about 85 pounds.

I have seen CFL vossloh locos in real life. I have a photo of one in black I took a few years ago.

I notice that these locos often work in pairs so I may buy another VFLI one in the future, maybe in blue.

Given that VFLI is owned by SNCF do their locos work in multiple with Fret locos very often?

Where did you buy the sound chip from for your loco?

Tim

I don't think they work with SNCF locos normally; SNCF and VFLI are in competition with one another, bizzare though this seems, as VFLI employ drivers on less good terms and conditions than SNCF. THere are some shots of various versions of these locos on this site:-

http://lapassiondutrain.blogspot.com.au/

Hi Tim,

I haven't got a sound system for my G1206 yet, even though I've had it for months I just have had other projects on the go, I think the best place for the sound chip and speaker would be ebay.de, if failing that, I suppose the gaugemaster would be the people who will know.

Mathew

cheers for the replies!

ok. that is strange that sncf own both fret and vfli, yet they compete...

it would look pretty good to have a red and a blue vfli loco working in a pair anyway so good excuse to spend some more cash...

i now have 2x 63000, 1x 67400, 1x G1206, a liliput prussian tank engine but in Belgian livery, and a x2400 autorail.

I would like also to get a locotracteur of some sort, a 67000, a 72000, a CFL Nohab, a Vossloh G2000, and maybe a Belgian diesel of some type as well... 

I only have a short test track.  I hope to start building a small layout later this year though once I have moved house.

Cheers

Tim

cheers for the replies!

ok. that is strange that sncf own both fret and vfli, yet they compete...

it would look pretty good to have a red and a blue vfli loco working in a pair anyway so good excuse to spend some more cash...

i now have 2x 63000, 1x 67400, 1x G1206, a liliput prussian tank engine but in Belgian livery, and a x2400 autorail.

I would like also to get a locotracteur of some sort, a 67000, a 72000, a CFL Nohab, a Vossloh G2000, and maybe a Belgian diesel of some type as well... 

I only have a short test track.  I hope to start building a small layout later this year though once I have moved house.

Cheers

Tim

SNCF are a huge conglomerate, probably closer to the erstwhile British Transport Commission than to BR. Their road transport portfolio is , these days, probably more important than their rail one; on the road haulage side, it uses the marque Geodis, and on the road transport side, Keolis. The road transport side offers both services complementary to rail (buses replacing trains during quiet periods) and competing with it (the express coach service from London to Paris, competing with E*) 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived