The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

3 hours ago, tomparryharry said:

I've just seen some 'news' today 20/12/2022.

"Don't do anything risky on Wednesday".

It looks like I'll have to cancel the Lion Taming for Beginners  session..... Dammit!

Lion taming? Doddle.  I was planning to tell SWMBO that I've just bought a new engine. 

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 2

News just in:

After the producers of Coronation Street invite Bob Dylan to make a cameo appearance, East Enders admit they once approached Leonard Cohen to join their cast and make their show a lot more upbeat.

• Like 7
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

3 hours ago, NIK said:

News just in:

After the producers of Coronation Street invite Bob Dylan to make a cameo appearance, East Enders admit they once approached Leonard Cohen to join their cast and make their show a lot more upbeat.

Didn't Leonard Cohen once cancel a concert because of a sudden attack of elation?

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

A man and his wife were doing some late Christmas shopping.

Suddenly a **** *****, and ***, then he said********, & ******!

She said "*$%^* with*******!!!

Then Santa Claus:- "You've forgotten the asparagus!

That joke gets me every time....... 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Wrong sitcom. Nouvion in France.

Don't think they had flying 'elmets in the Middle Ages....

Mention was made of a bishop (albeit with a pogo stick) so that triggered the Blackadder memory...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

And the gent who played the Bishop of Bath & Wells also played the nasty Gestapo gent in Raiders of the Lost Arc.

Are we talking about the baby-eating one or the so-called "real" one?

Ever since Blackadder told Baldrick he was being chased for a debt by the ‘baby–eating Bishop of Bath and Wells’, the image has stuck. When the last incumbent, Peter Price, made his first visit to the House of Lords, accompanied by his five-week-old granddaughter, the Bishop of Southwark remarked: ‘I see the bishop has brought his own lunch.’

A previous incumbent, it appears, was appointed on the basis of their skill with guns, rather than theological or ecumenical matters?

The Queen’s private secretary, the then Bishop of Norwich, mentioned to HM that Bickersteth enjoyed a bit of shooting, and she in turn told Prince Philip. Bickersteth performed so well on the Saturday that he was asked to come back and shoot geese. ‘So, early on Monday morning, I was roused by the head keeper, and went bumping out in a Land Rover across the fields and put in a very deep ditch, eight feet deep. I had very little room to swing my gun. As it was getting light, these great skeins of geese appeared. It was a lovely sight, and as they were getting lower, I shot two or three times. Then it got lighter and the head keeper came across and said — “Three geese! Very good indeed. Marvellous.” So I went back to Sandringham with three geese under my bag, and as I came into breakfast Prince Philip said, “Rather successful, I hear”.’ The following week, he was appointed Clerk of the Closet.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/guns-gays-and-the-queen-a-former-bishop-reminisces/

• Informative/Useful 2