The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

4 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

That's because it didn't go in the wash - it's still stuck to the ceiling..... :rolleyes: ;)

Fella I knew many many years ago used to stick his socks to the wall at night:biggrin_mini:

To be fair he did have a few 'issues' after a car crash put him head first through a Mini windscreen, made quite a mess of him, glass in his eyes and such.

Really nice bloke but simply didn't understand certain things, mostly hygiene related, afterwards.

One morning he pulled his socks off the wall and the wallpaper came with them.:O

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Johnster said:

Who was it used to do Shakespeare in Precis form.? Hamlet; Danish prince sees dead father's ghost, goes mad, kills everyone except Ophelia, who conveniently offs herself after also going mad, and Rosengilderncrantzern, who dies for no explained reason beyond a stupid name.  The End.

Hence the standard precis of Hamlet, "There's a big fight, and everyone dies".  Though that can be applied to most of Shakespeares tragedies...

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Baby Deltic said:

image.png.84326298cb256066ee2e6cbe1a3c7821.png

LP called 9 Lives of Mona....

Of course, the MP3 version would only sound so heavily pixillated if heard through high-end audiophile equipment, used as an A-B comparison with the LP (DMM of course...).  On ordinary stuff, even an iPod/Pad with bluetooth earbuds, it would just seem to be a fuzzier version of the CD.

The Remix is a bit "Hotel California"...

I see the Spanish cover version as having sleeve art similar to the "restoration" of the Jesus fresco...

image.png.e8844525919f21966924e266d1963d06.png

Edited by Hroth
Spelin, etc
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Dagworth said:

Back to where???

True story; August Bank Holiday 1976 hot summer, Johnster has been guard on ramcrowded Cardiff-Barry Island 116 extra just arrived at Barry Island, and is changing the tail lamp over to the other end.  Platform black with trippers and staff have courageously locked themselves in the office; I’m the only railway uniform in sight. 

Valleys mam with a whole streetful of kids in tow buttonholes me ‘what time’s the train back, then’?

‘Back where, love’ (she could have originated from any of 3 Valleys in those days)?

(look of utter scorn) ‘Bach ‘ome of course’!

I gave up and said ‘6 o’clock’; there were trains to all 3 within half an hour of that!

• Like 3
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
58 minutes ago, God's Wonderful Railway 1835 said:

oap gps.png

There's a tale of the great Victorian architect Sir George Gilbert Scott getting off the train in Manchester, going to the telegraph office and sending a message back to his London office: "Why am I here?"

• Like 2
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

3 hours ago, The Johnster said:

True story; August Bank Holiday 1976 hot summer, Johnster has been guard on ramcrowded Cardiff-Barry Island 116 extra just arrived at Barry Island, and is changing the tail lamp over to the other end.  Platform black with trippers and staff have courageously locked themselves in the office; I’m the only railway uniform in sight. 

Valleys mam with a whole streetful of kids in tow buttonholes me ‘what time’s the train back, then’?

‘Back where, love’ (she could have originated from any of 3 Valleys in those days)?

(look of utter scorn) ‘Bach ‘ome of course’!

I gave up and said ‘6 o’clock’; there were trains to all 3 within half an hour of that!

Did she get her own back by asking for a return ticket to.... "back here"?

• Like 1