The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

6 minutes ago, raymw said:

I stopped watching Christmas tv, when they dropped 'The African Queen' and started showing 'the Great Escape'. I thought you'd need to know that.

Its also been a Great Sorrow that they seem to have dropped "Jason and the Argonauts"!

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

YEAH I KNOW IT'S OLD ;-(

First Christmas Joke

Three men died on Christmas Eve and were met by Saint Peter at the pearly gates.

'In honour of this holy season' Saint Peter said, 'You must each possess something that symbolizes Christmas to get into heaven.'

The Englishman fumbled through his pockets and pulled out a lighter. He flicked it on. 'It's a candle', he said.

'You may pass through the pearly gates' Saint Peter said.

The Scotsman reached into his pocket and pulled out a set of keys. He shook them and said, 'They're bells.'

Saint Peter said 'You may pass through the pearly gates'.

The Irishman started searching desperately through his pockets and finally pulled out a pair of women's panties.

St. Peter looked at the man with a raised eyebrow and asked, 'And just what do those symbolize?'

The paddy replied, 'These are Carols.'

And So The Christmas Season

Begins.......

• Funny 16

30 minutes ago, peanuts said:

Getting sick of it now and still baffled

How come i live in Stockport which is miles from the sea yet some guy keeps ringing my wife up and asking if the coast is clear !

This happens every Friday and Saturday night.

A factoid I heard somewhere which may or may not be true, someone with greater knowledge can confirm or tell me it's utter garbage.

In answer to a pub quiz question, which football ground is closest to the river Mersey?

Answer: Stockport?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, great central said:

A factoid I heard somewhere which may or may not be true, someone with greater knowledge can confirm or tell me it's utter garbage.

In answer to a pub quiz question, which football ground is closest to the river Mersey?

it was which league football club is closest to the mersey  ?  as stockport are no longer a league club the answer is wrong  think it is now tranmere rovers 

Edited by peanuts
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, great central said:

It depends what you mean by "football ground". There are football pitches on the banks of the Mersey as opposed to the half mile from Edgeley Park.

If you mean stadia, it would depend what you mean by "football". There are rugby stadia (both codes) that are closer.

As already mentioned, if the question was Football League and Premiership clubs, it would currently be Tranmere but will soon be Everton, with a stadium right on the waterfront.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

9 minutes ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

It depends what you mean by "football ground". There are football pitches on the banks of the Mersey as opposed to the half mile from Edgeley Park.

If you mean stadia, it would depend what you mean by "football". There are rugby stadia (both codes) that are closer.

As already mentioned, if the question was Football League and Premiership clubs, it would currently be Tranmere but will soon be Everton, with a stadium right on the waterfront.

the original question was on question of sport think tuffers team got it wrong and said tranmere 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, raymw said:

I stopped watching Christmas tv, when they dropped 'The African Queen' and started showing 'the Great Escape'. I thought you'd need to know that.

I'd never seen African Queen until people kept commenting that is what I ought to have called my boat.  So I looked it up and watched it.  My boat is similar although somewhat smaller and burns coal rather than wood.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, great central said:

Correct, and one of the few football trivia facts in my repertoire.  The river, not very impressive at this point, actually runs beneath the stand in a culvert, or so I am told.

Edited by The Johnster

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

Correct, and one of the few football trivia facts in my repertoire.  The river, not very impressive at this point, actually runs beneath the stand in a culvert, or so I am told.

The may a tributary of the Mersey flowing below a stand. But according to the maps I consulted earlier, the Mersey is about 500 metres North.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

I suggest you consider all information from whoever told you this to be suspect.

The Mersey is about a kilometre from County's ground which is also up a hill.  Edgeley Park is on a similar level to the WCML which, after passing through Stockport station, crosses the river valley on a tall (34m high) brick viaduct.

I wouldn't say the river was impressive but it is already a decent size.  The Mersey is formed from two rivers, the Tame and the Goyt, which join together to the east of Stockport town centre before going into a very large culvert underneath Merseyway shopping precinct.

Apologies to newbryford.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2