The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

Marks Gospel.is considered to have been written first 

The other Gospels each had a spin on them e.g. Luke more favourable to the Romans.

Pauline Theology ie the written epistles of St Paul are again slightly different and concern a lot about the early Church

Sorry to take up a Joke thread

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

Marks Gospel.is considered to have been written first 

The other Gospels each had a spin on them e.g. Luke more favourable to the Romans.

Pauline Theology ie the written epistles of St Paul are again slightly different and concern a lot about the early Church

Sorry to take up a Joke thread

My viewpoint was entirely that of an archaeologist. I have no religion at all.

Just that there is a lot more evidence for the biblical age than there is of almost any other. As an example, we all know Alfred The Great, but there's hardly any evidence from the time that he existed. Most is vague mentions and a few coins. That was only just over 1000 years ago. Nobody wrote anything down and if they did it was probably lost or used to start a fire. All the general public knows of him was he burnt some cakes.

I'm afraid I don't know any Alfred The Great jokes....

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Funny 7

2 hours ago, Danemouth said:

Perhaps we should remember this is a jokes thread and not a theological debating society. As a commited and practising Christian I for one would prefer these discussions were in a thread on its own which I can then ignore

Thanks,

Dave

Religion, along with Politics, is a Forbidden Topic on RMweb anyway, so the relevant posts should ideally be removed altogether, not put in another Thread.

You could always use the 'Report' button. ;)

Somehow I'm reminded of this....

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

9 minutes ago, leopardml2341 said:

Knock, Knock
Who's there?
Wenceslas
Wenceslas who?
Wenceslas bus home?

I didn't want to, but just couldn't resist the giggle....  I know - sad...                      but I'm not the only one...

Julian

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, Danemouth said:

Perhaps we should remember this is a jokes thread and not a theological debating society. As a commited and practising Christian I for one would prefer these discussions were in a thread on its own which I can then ignore

Thanks,

Dave

Two things that are annoying IMO.

1/ People that tell everyone that their religion is 'wonderful' is some way and others should comply with their beliefs.

The 2nd is those who claim to be atheists, yet insist on telling everyone how wrong religion generally is. That sort of Atheism, is a religion!

I fail to see the difference between the two groups. Can anyone explain to me? Not a public message here.

Just to clarify, I certainly don't put you in the former group, Dave.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You know, looking at the covers I'd rather have the BBC.

rtxmas82.jpg.8290533ee1bfc71bd5d635f6487b817a.jpg

https://www.all-about-london.com/2014/12/radio-times-christmas-cover-1982-what.html

tvtxmas82.jpg.6fc57752237c20c46a71b91c98c1e864.jpg

https://www.all-about-london.com/2014/12/tv-times-christmas-cover-1982-what-was.html

And if you follow the links, you can see what was actually on...

Yep, think I'll stick to the Beeb.  :crazy:

• Like 3