The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

Just a clarification for anyone who finds wiring up a plug confusing. There are three wires in a (UK) plug:
A green wire - this wire brings all the electricity from wind turbines and solar panels into your applicance.
A blue wire - this wire brings all the electricity from the hydro electric power stations into your applicance.
A brown wire - this wire brings all the electricity from the dirty fossil fuel power stations into your applicance. If you want to cut your carbon footprint, you must ensure that this wire is not connected to any of the terminals on the plug.

So apperently brian cox and ed balls are forming a partnershipThey are calling themselves Ed and Brian ....

We have a local BBC news reporter named Dicken Hooper. Whenever I hear his name my (still) schoolboy brain always ponders on him being Ed Balls' brother.

• RMweb Premium

Until after the wedding.

On a similar vein.

I called an old school friend and asked what was he doing. He replied that he is working on "Aqua-thermal  treatment of ceramics, aluminium and steel under a constrained environment".

I was impressed......

On further enquiring I learnt that he was washing dishes with hot water .......Under his wife's supervision.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm waiting for Nellie the Elephant to turn up in the USA. Because:

Nellie the elephant packed her trunk and said "Goodbye" to the circus,

Off she went, with a trumpetty Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump.

Throughout history, four American presidents have been assassinated and various other unsuccessful attempts were made on the lives of a number of others.

Can you envy the Secret Service agents, on hearing gunshot near the soon-to-be President Trump, having to yell "Donald, duck..."

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Throughout history, four American presidents have been assassinated and various other unsuccessful attempts were made on the lives of a number of others.

Can you envy the Secret Service agents, on hearing gunshot near the soon-to-be President Trump, having to yell "Donald, duck..."

Better than having to shout "Donald, trump"

Mike.

• RMweb Premium

Better than having to shout "Donald, trump"

Mike.

Your both quackers. :jester:

Strangely, every American president to have died in office was elected in a year divisible by  20:

William Henry Harrison (elected 1840, died in 1841, a month after taking office)

Abraham Lincoln (elected 1860, assassinated 1865)

James Garfield (elected 1880, assassinated 1881)

William McKinley (re-elected 1900, assassinated 1901)

Warren Harding (elected 1920, died of cerebral hemorrhage 1923)

FDR (re-elected 1940, died of a stroke 1945)

JFK (elected 1960, assassinated 1963)

There was an unsuccessful assassination attempt on Ronald Reagan (elected 1980).

Strangely, every American president to have died in office was elected in a year divisible by  20:

OK, how many of you have just calculated 2016  ?

• RMweb Premium

A highways agency warning said anyone travelling in icy conditions should take a shovel, blankets, sleeping bag, extra clothing, including a scarf, hat, gloves, 24 hour supply of food and drink, de-icer, rock salt, torch, safety triangle, tow rope, petrol can, first aid kit and jump leads. I looked a right pillock on the train this morning...

Although it may be advisable if you use Southern services.............................

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

A short gun Story.

A guy walked into a crowded bar, waving his unholstered pistol and yelled,
"I have a 45-caliber Colt 1911 with a seven round magazine plus one in the Chamber, and I want to know who's been sleeping with my wife."

A voice from the back of the room called out,  "You need more ammo!”

every time he leaves the white house they can brag they have "let a trump out "