The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

On 28/06/2024 at 14:21, JZ said:

Is an argument between two vegans still called a beef?

Funnily enough, on Saturday. I was checking tickets between Bristol and WsM and I came across this chaps who runs a vegan website. Not your stereotypical vegan*. So I asked him this question. He laughed and said, yes, it probably was.

*You only tend to notice the ones that drive 'their' way down your throats.

• Like 5

An elderly Scot lay dying in his bed.

While suffering the agonies of impending death, he suddenly smelled the aroma of his favourite scones wafting up the stairs. He gathered his remaining strength, and lifted himself from the bed. Leaning on the wall, he slowly made his way out of the bedroom, and with even greater effort, gripping the railing with both hands, he crawled downstairs.

With laboured breath, he leaned against the door-frame, gazing into the kitchen.

Were it not for death's agony, he would have thought himself already in heaven, for there, spread out upon the kitchen table were literally hundreds of his favourite scones. Was it heaven? Or was it one final act of love from his devoted Scottish wife of sixty years, seeing to it that he left this world a happy man?

Mustering one great final effort, he threw himself towards the table, landing on his knees in rumpled posture. His aged and withered hand trembled towards a scone at the edge of the table, when it was suddenly smacked by his wife with a wooden spoon ......

'Pipper off,' she said, 'they're for the funeral.'

• Funny 13
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, F-UnitMad said:

Never mind, it'll soon be time for this....

IMG-20210712-WA0000.jpg.d70b324ee31959fc16090cfd958c4297.jpg

I was in Tess Coes this afternoon, all the England shirts, flags etc. were now on the reduced to clear shelves.

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

21 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

I was in Tess Coes this afternoon, all the England shirts, flags etc. were now on the reduced to clear shelves.

A family friend of ours owns a ‘department store’ otherwise known as ‘Allan’s of Netherton’ if you’re from the Black Country you may know it.  

It basically sells all and any kind of tat you can think of, but I have to say I’ve never understood why it’s owner didn’t appear on ‘The Apprentice’ In 2004 he had a load of left over stock from the Euros that year, what did he do 2 years later for the World Cup? Just cut off the the Euro 2004 labels on what was left over.
Lord Sugar would have been rather proud of those rather square George flags that appeared in the Netherton, Cradley and Dudley area at the time 😀

Most definitely for another thread but I have several stories of him and his business 😀

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

7 hours ago, Matt37268 said:

A family friend of ours owns a ‘department store’ otherwise known as ‘Allan’s of Netherton’ if you’re from the Black Country you may know it.  

Oh yes, know it well. The only time there's any parking spaces free on the street outside, is when you don't want to go in Allans for something.... 🙄🙄😂😂😂👍👍👍

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

A French engineer discovered per sq cm the snail shell was the lightest and strongest material next to carbon. 
He decided he should build a motor from this but was laughed out of every factory.
Eventually he built it himself and with a state of the art 5L V8 engine, adaptive suspension etc,etc
He called it the S after a snail. 
He then took it the Nurburgring to show off and the spectators were amazed at the speed of it and would shout " look at that s car go"

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 4

5 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

Oh yes, know it well. The only time there's any parking spaces free on the street outside, is when you don't want to go in Allans for something.... 🙄🙄😂😂😂👍👍👍

I believe it’s now his daughter who’s a pervayor of tat now, as I say I have a few stories of her dad’s exploits over the years, the day when he caught a shoplifter being a favourite of mine. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Matt37268 said:

I believe it’s now his daughter who’s a pervayor of tat now, as I say I have a few stories of her dad’s exploits over the years, the day when he caught a shoplifter being a favourite of mine. 

Do please tell us more.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

A French engineer discovered per sq cm the snail shell was the lightest and strongest material next to carbon. 
He decided he should build a motor from this but was laughed out of every factory.
Eventually he built it himself and with a state of the art 5L V8 engine, adaptive suspension etc,etc
He called it the S after a snail. 
He then took it the Nurburgring to show off and the spectators were amazed at the speed of it and would shout " look at that s car go"

There really is an S-Cargo:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_S-Cargo

• Like 1