The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, AndrueC said:

That reminds me of an oldie but a goodie.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The second nerdiest joke I know! The nerdiest being:

Why are Halloween and Christmas the same thing? Because 31 OCT == 25 DEC.

• Agree 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 4
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Reorte said:

The second nerdiest joke I know! The nerdiest being:

Why are Halloween and Christmas the same thing? Because 31 OCT == 25 DEC.

I think I might be able to beat that:

there are 1.99999997 types of people in the world 

half of them use intel CPUs

Edited by Vistisen
  • Like 2
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 9

10 hours ago, BR60103 said:

From what I've heard, any number sequence should eventually turn up in pi.  I'd be checking for seven 7s myself.

My calculus book has a long development of pi/6.  One method for putting yourself to sleep is to review the digits of pi backwards.

Have you found the Lottery Prize Winning Numbers yet?

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, KeithMacdonald said:

Have you found the Lottery Prize Winning Numbers yet?

2 minutes ago, Obi-Jiff Kenobi said:

For this week, or last week?

Just for tonight would be handy!

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Just for tonight would be handy!

They're in there! All you need to do is look through pi and buy all the valid combinations that come up in it, couldn't be simpler!

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

1 hour ago, Reorte said:

They're in there! All you need to do is look through pi and buy all the valid combinations that come up in it, couldn't be simpler!

I like it!

This might help, it's a Pi AI Kit

The Hailo-8L Entry-Level M.2 Module is an AI accelerator module compatible with M.2 form factor Key B+M and Key A+E . The AI module is based on the 13 tera-operations per second (TOPS) Hailo-8L AI processor with high power efficiency and cost efficiency. The M.2 AI accelerator features a full PCIe Gen-3.0 2-lane interface, delivering unprecedented AI performance for edge devices requiring limited AI capacity or lower performance. The M.2 module can be plugged into an existing edge device with M.2 socket to execute in real-time and with low power deep neural network inferencing for a broad range of market segments. Leveraging Hailo’s field-proven and comprehensive Dataflow Compiler and its support for standard AI frameworks, you can easily port your Neural Network models and seamlessly scale to higher capacity Hailo-8 products for future upgrades.

https://thepihut.com/products/raspberry-pi-ai-kit

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, KeithMacdonald said:

What was the name of the Pirate Ship's Cook that walked around in circles counting the distance and holding a pie in each hand?

Two Pie Arrrr ...

Groan2.png

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, KeithMacdonald said:

I like it!

This might help, it's a Pi AI Kit

https://thepihut.com/products/raspberry-pi-ai-kit

I got the email from The Pi Hut advertising it yesterday but didn't follow the link as I've experimented with hi tech extension boards* before and I know when to step back and let others address the bleeding edge...

As @Obi-Jiff Kenobi says, "wibble".

* In my case a parallel processing system.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Hroth said:

I got the email from The Pi Hut advertising it yesterday but didn't follow the link as I've experimented with hi tech extension boards* before and I know when to step back and let others address the bleeding edge...

As @Obi-Jiff Kenobi says, "wibble".

* In my case a parallel processing system.

Is that missing a "zza"?

That's the only "Hut" I know apart from Jabba!

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
On 04/06/2024 at 23:30, proton said:

Years ago I memorized pi to 100 digits and it was amusing (for me) to notice how frequently groups of numbers that could be associated with trains popped up.  2884 (wheel arrangement of US mallets), 86204 (class 86 number) etc.  Then I downloaded Pi to something like 100,000 places in Excel, and all of a sudden all sorts of "coincidences" appeared.  No doubt quite a few passwords will appear...

I can beat that. I memorised it to 150 decimal places. I even remember that I got it from page 51 of SMP Maths book G. Hmmm. I wonder how much of it I still have in my head.

Damn.

To be fair that was 40 years ago when I was in school :)

Edited by AndrueC
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, AndrueC said:

I can beat that. I memorised it to 150 decimal places. I even remember that I got it from page 51 of SMP Maths book B. Hmmm. I wonder how much of it I still have in my head.

Damn.

To be fair that was 40 years ago when I was in school :)

SMP...

The New Maths course my school pitched me into, presented by teachers who didn't know what was going on either, and destroyed the subject for me.

I still remember the punched tape design (so up to date!) of the covers with fear and loathing.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

I've got two air fryers, one for chips and the other one (oldie but goodie Tefal, looks like the offspring of an ill-advised drunken union between an alien ship and a curling stone) for everything else.  Doesn't make me middle class, though; both are skipraids.  I regard the Tefal as a small but efficient oven rather than a fryer; easier to clean than most air fryers as well.  Noisy 'stard though!

Edited by The Johnster
  • Like 5