The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Dick Turpin said:

star trek.jpg

But the way the Carry On universe works suggests that it would be called " Carry On Trekkin' "...

• Like 3
  • Agree 5

2 hours ago, westernfan said:

A Love story in 10 words :

Girl meets boy in park.

Boy parks meat in girl.

She offered her honour.

He honoured her offer.

And all night long he was on 'er and off 'er.

• Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Dunsignalling said:

Had to find something else to do with our hands? 🙂

Simply, the only modelling magazines they could reach were those on the middle shelf.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

WH Smith did have a phrase where they were putting the model railway magazines on the top shelf!

Ah yes, I think that was how I chanced on Issue 1 of MRJ...

• Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Compound2632 said:

Ah yes, I think that was how I chanced on Issue 1 of MRJ...

The place where I get my copies of MRJ keeps them, and all other model mags, on the top shelf.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

6 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

They were planning on making a space one in the 1960s and the idea was revived in the 1970s after Star Wars became popular. Nothing came of it unfortunately.

Carry On Spaceman, planned for 1961. Norman Hudis had a completed script which was published in one of the books. The leads as trainee astronauts were to be Kenneth Williams, Kenneth Connor and Leslie Phillips who had been in Constable the previous year. I can't find anything about attempts to revive it in the 70s. From 1978 to 1980 they were planning a spoof of Dallas.

Edited by DavidB-AU
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

9 minutes ago, DavidB-AU said:

Carry On Spaceman, planned for 1961. Norman Hudis had a completed script which was published in one of the books. The leads as trainee astronauts were to be Kenneth Williams, Kenneth Connor and Leslie Phillips who had been in Constable the previous year. I can't find anything about attempts to revive it in the 70s. From 1978 to 1980 they were planning a spoof of Dallas.

Ah. But I'm not looking at Wikipedia. It was on a documentary a few years back.

The 1970s film would have been more like Spaceballs rather than about the space race and would have used the Space 1999 sets that they had access to at Pinewood Studios.

Unfortunately the funding wasn't there and many of the actors were either dying, retiring or had moved away from making that type of film.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

17 hours ago, CameronL said:

She offered her honour.

He honoured her offer.

And all night long he was on 'er and off 'er.

Strange! My original joke to which this gentleman responded seems to have disappeared. 🤔

• Friendly/supportive 4

I was having a grown up discussion with my grandson over the Christmas holiday and he asked me what my views were on LGBT.

I replied that I didn't mind Lettuce Bacon and Tomato in my sandwich but I didn't like Gherkins cos' they made my bum sore.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, westernfan said:

I was having a grown up discussion with my grandson over the Christmas holiday and he asked me what my views were on LGBT.

I replied that I didn't mind Lettuce Bacon and Tomato in my sandwich but I didn't like Gherkins cos' they made my bum sore.

I do not know about the "T", but LGB made a lot of decent large-scale trains; I always (still do, for that matter) wished that I could have afforded their Swiss Croc. Maybe someday. The MTH O scale Croc in two-rail just may have to substitute.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

There's this old priest who got sick of all the people in his parish who kept confessing to adultery. One Sunday, in the pulpit, he said,

'If I hear one more person confess to adultery, I'll quit!'

Well, everyone liked him, so they came up with a code word. Someone who had committed adultery would say they had 'fallen.'

This seemed to satisfy the old priest and things went well, until the priest died at a ripe old age. About a week after the new priest arrived, he visited the mayor of the town and seemed very concerned.

The priest said, 'You have to do something about the sidewalks in town. When people come into the confessional, they keep talking about having fallen.'

The mayor started to laugh, realising that no one had told the new priest about the code word.

Before the mayor could explain, the priest shook an accusing finger at the mayor and said, 'I don't know what you're laughing about, your wife fell three times this week.'

• Funny 12