The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

5 hours ago, jcredfer said:

Thank you, I had heard of the films but never got round to see one. 

{I may be more lucky than I had previously thought... 🤫 }

Just avoid the American version a few years back.

The original Japanese films are fun films where you can easily waste a couple of hours, the remake is just special effects with next to no storyline.

Many of us grew up with the cartoons so they do have a cultural significance. ISTR it was shown on Swap Shop (or Tiswas) along with Jana Of The Jungle.

• Like 2

Hi,

I think during a round of Sound Charades on BBC Radio's I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue one team had to do a spoken word sketch to hint at the word Godzilla and did:

'And how is the supreme deity at the moment?.' - 'I don't like to say this but he wasn't very well yesterday and he's even worse today'.

Regards

Nick

• Round of applause 2
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, NIK said:

BBC Radio's I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue

One round that sticks in my mind was "Name that Motorway" - from recordings of traffic noise.

And the time the show came from a theatre in Bury St Edmunds. Humph said, the panellists were only there because they thought they'd been invited to bury Noel Edmonds.

Edited by Compound2632
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Just avoid the American version a few years back.

The original Japanese films are fun films where you can easily waste a couple of hours, the remake is just special effects with next to no storyline.

Many of us grew up with the cartoons so they do have a cultural significance. ISTR it was shown on Swap Shop (or Tiswas) along with Jana Of The Jungle.

Now, you see, I actually like and far prefer the 1998 version. It had Jean Reno in it, took very valid pot shots at Americans who thought themselves superior, and had a more realistic Godzilla in that it didn't look like a man in a suit. Yes, it's a guilty pleasure, but I do enjoy it.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, Ian J. said:

Now, you see, I actually like and far prefer the 1998 version. It had Jean Reno in it, took very valid pot shots at Americans who thought themselves superior, and had a more realistic Godzilla in that it didn't look like a man in a suit. Yes, it's a guilty pleasure, but I do enjoy it.

Reading about the links between the original Japanese films and US nuclear testing in the Pacific, I now see that film in a new light, with its shift of the blame onto French nuclear testing - more palatable to a US audience. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Ex-wife's nan called them George Formby grills 'turned out nice again', but she lived in a three-storey bungalow (dormer and a cellar) and had her ceilings semtexed (a novel way of knocking two rooms into one).  She once pointed out a Durex dog, and explained that the orange peel she'd just thrown into a hedge was self-detonating (back to the Semtex, she meant bio-degradabe).  'Nana Semtex' was always good for a laugh!

• Like 4
  • Funny 15