The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

• RMweb Gold
On 02/04/2023 at 15:19, PhilJ W said:

I wonder if anyone has modelled a Neolithic stone circle on a layout?

Not a stone circle but I did have a single standing stone on my previous layout.

IMG_20220205_140701_1.jpg.0950e94db3533cf74c61b5ae223dc4ac.jpg

Edited by AndrueC
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, AndrueC said:

Not a stone circle but I did have a single standing stone on my previous layout.

IMG_20220205_140701_1.jpg.0950e94db3533cf74c61b5ae223dc4ac.jpg

Oh!  Goodness gracious me!  What have you done??.....   Previous posts about ancient stone circles, Stonehenge, putting them on layouts.....     All attracting attention, and you just posted a picture of one of their stones.  The Druids aren't exactly known for sympathy for their sacrificial victims, so you'd best get a good supply of paracetamol in.....   

just sayin', eh???     ☠️

• Like 2
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, NIK said:

A couple boarded an Australian train carrying a Platypus.

Unfortunately, carrying a Platypus on a train is cruel and sadly true.

They don't handle contact with humans well at all, so there are fears for this specimen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platypus

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, J. S. Bach said:

It figures:

Well, it does live in Australia!

Not all animals down under are venomous though - in fact none of the top three are - the most dangerous animals (presuambly not including Humans...) in Australia are Horses, Cows and Dogs...

https://www.australiangeographic.com.au/topics/wildlife/2016/03/here-are-the-animals-really-most-likely-to-kill-you-in-australia/

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 6

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

True.  Some just drop on you from trees 😉

True, but they can be easily avoided by spreading Vegemite behind your ears and affecting an Australian accent so that they don't know you're a tourist.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Nick C said:

Not all animals down under are venomous though - in fact none of the top three are - the most dangerous animals (presuambly not including Humans...) in Australia are Horses, Cows and Dogs...

https://www.australiangeographic.com.au/topics/wildlife/2016/03/here-are-the-animals-really-most-likely-to-kill-you-in-australia/

Horses, cows and dogs (and humans, even Aboriginal Australians) are all invasive though (in the case of the humans, a somewhat long time ago). Of the most dangerous indigenous Australian animals, what are the top three, and are any venemous?

Edited by Ian J.
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Nick C said:

True, but they can be easily avoided by spreading Vegemite behind your ears and affecting an Australian accent so that they don't know you're a tourist.

Don't forget the cork hat, but increasingly today, you can only buy them from tourist trap shops!

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

3 hours ago, Nick C said:

Not all animals down under are venomous though …

But, given the large number that are, is it not safer to assume that all are, unless and until proved otherwise?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Nick C said:

1 hour ago, kevinlms said:

Don't forget the cork hat, but increasingly today, you can only buy them from tourist trap shops!

And singing Waltzing Matilda as you wander round ,

• Round of applause 2

I went on a stag party last year. As it was the groom's second marriage and none of us were in the first flush of youth he decided to keep it civilised. He therefore asked the best man to arrange a booze cruise on the local canal (on the understanding no-one tried to throw him overboard). The best man did a great job - we were picked up by chauffeured minibuses, driven to the wharf and set off on the leafy waterways of rural Cheshire. 

The boat was lovely - operated by a husband and wife team who respectively piloted the boat and ran the bar. There was a selection of delicious finger foods provided, and one of our number, a keen singer and guitarist, regaled us with songs as we sailed along. We saw buzzards soaring overhead, swans gliding majestically past and kingfishers darting over the water in a flash of glittering blue.

Feeling that I needed to show some appreciation for the wonderful trip, I popped up onto the stern and asked the owner if I could buy him a drink. He said he couldn't have much as he was driving, but graciously accepted a half of bitter.

When I took it up to him I noticed a strange shape behind us in the evening gloom. As time passed it grew closer until we could make out what it was.

A nun in a rowing boat, stroking frantically to catch up with us. The owner was as puzzled as I was, so I went below again to ask if anyone knew what this was all about.

On hearing of our strange pursuer, the best man exasperatedly smote his forehead.

"Oh, I am an idiot, " he said. "I shouldn't have made the booking for half past nine." 

"What booking?" we demanded to know.

"The stripper."

Edited by CameronL
Typo
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 9