The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

On 15/12/2021 at 11:43, Compound2632 said:

I doubt it. Apart from it clearly not dating from the 1820s or earlier, I don't see how one could manage in a crinoline or even bustle.

I 'spec, them wot cud afford Crinlins an' Bussles wud probly have one of they fancy indoorsy things.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, exmoordave said:

Does anyone have a recipe for figgy pudding? I've had carol singers outside my door for hours now and they won't go until they get some.....

Obviously they are quite constipated, perhaps you could offer them an alternative? If you have some senna or Exlax, or perhaps some prunes, perhaps that'll shift 'em?

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
On 13/12/2021 at 23:17, leopardml2341 said:

A malodour. 

* doesn't apply universally though :)

It must be like wizards and architects... an argument of modellers

Edited by Vistisen

2 minutes ago, Hroth said:

The trolleys will be piled high for the next 7 days!

Only for the first two.....   then barren shelves will be the result of your jest.....    :jester:

P.S. I'm hoping that we are both recognised as jesting.....    :closedeyes:

• RMweb Gold

Some years ago, I was in Tesco Metro on Western Avenue in Cardiff at about 3 in the morning on the 23rd of December, because I reckoned it would be less crowded at that time, and it would have been had several hundred other punters not had the same idea...  There are about 40 checkouts, all were working flat out, and there was a queue of about 15 minutes for each of them.  Now, one of my pastimes in supermarkets if I'm in a queue at a checkout is to look at what the person in front or the one behind have in their baskets or trollies, and make arbitrary and probably unfair and incorrect judgemental comments to myself about the lifestyles that are apparently revealed by said basket/trolley contents.

Behind me on this occasion was a guy, early 30s, tall, well dressed in a casual way, with an air of not being married or having kids.  He had found it necessary to queue for the car park, and was now queueing for the checkout, in the middle of the night, in order to purchase the following items; one bottle of vinegar, one mains/battery clock radio (but no batteries), one packet of Jacob's cream crackers, and one tube of toothpaste.

I failed to make any comments to myself regarding his assumed lifestyle, judegmental or otherwise.  The situation was beyond my capactiy to understand or rationalise.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, jcredfer said:

Only for the first two.....   then barren shelves will be the result of your jest.....    :jester:

P.S. I'm hoping that we are both recognised as jesting.....    :closedeyes:

All too feasible in current circumstances, but let us not dwell on that. Let us eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we...  Oops! :jester:

I was watching a recording of a John Wilson Orchestra Proms broadcast yesterday, and I was struck by how close together everyone was. Of course it was BC, and despite the wonderful music, I wondered when we would be able to get back to such carefree gatherings.

Oh well, let's load those Christmas trolleys up high, less than a week to go now!!!! :crazy:

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, kevinlms said:

Especially of toilet paper!

Provided the turky is cooked properly, and sprouts are left off the menu, there shouldn't be need for extra loo rolls...

Ho Ho Ho!!!

• Funny 2

11 hours ago, Hroth said:

Provided the turky is cooked properly, and sprouts are left off the menu, there shouldn't be need for extra loo rolls...

Ho Ho Ho!!!

Except for the mass misconception of the effects of covid19........

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I think we've had this one before - but anyway....

++++Wife Missing++++

Husband:

My wife is missing.

She went out yesterday and has not come home...

Sergeant at Police Station:

What is her height?

Husband:

Gee, I'm not sure. A little over five-feet tall.

Sergeant:

Weight?

Husband:

Don't know. Not slim, not really fat.

Sergeant:

Colour of eyes?

Husband:

Sort of brown I think. Never really noticed.

Sergeant:

Colour of hair?

Husband:

Changes a couple times a year.

Maybe dark brown now.

I can’t remember.

Sergeant:

What was she wearing?

Husband:

Could have been pants, or maybe a skirt or shorts. I don't know exactly.

Sergeant:

What kind of car did she go in?

Husband:

She went in my Range Rover

Sergeant:

What kind of Range Rover was it?

Husband: (sobbing)

Range Rover SDV8 Autobiography - Head Up Display, Traffic Sign Recognition with Lane Departure Warning, 22in Alloy Wheels - 7 Split Spoke Diamond Turned Finish Style 707, Sliding Panoramic Roof Including Powered Blind, Steering Wheel - Heated - Leather and Wood, Privacy Glass with Solar Attenuating Windscreen, Headlining - Leather - Ivory, Veneer - Grand Black Lacquer, 20in Brake Calipers, 21in Alloy Wheels - 10 Spoke Style 101, 4-Way Rear Seat Lumbar, 8in Touch Screen, ACC - Adaptive Cruise Control, Active Vanes, Adaptive Dynamics, Adjustable Seat Bolsters, Airbags - Curtain, Airbags - Front Passenger, Airbags - Front Side, Airbags - Thorax, Auto Access Height, Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror, Auxiliary Points - Rear, Blind Spot Monitor and Closing Vehicle Sensing with Reverse Traffic Detection, Bluetooth Audio Streaming, Bluetooth Phone Connection, CBC - Cornering Brake Control, Carpet - Ebony, Climate Front Seats, Customer Configurable Single Point Entry, DAB - Digital Audio Broadcast, DSC - Dynamic Stability Control, Diesel Misfuelling Protection Device, Door Mirrors - Power Adjustable-Heated-Power Fold-Auto Dimming with Approach Lights, Door Trim - Ebony, Dynamic Response, EBD - Electronic Brake-Force Distribution, ESP - Electronic Stability Program, ETC - Electronic Traction Control, Electric Parking Brake, Electrical Towing Preparation, Electronic Air Suspension - Variable Ride Height, Embossed Autobiography Script on Centre Rear Squab, Extended Veneer Pack, Exterior Standard Bumper Pack, Four-Zone Climate Control, Front Fog Lights, Front Parking Aid with Front Visual Display, Front and Rear Carpet Mats with Contrast Edge and Metal Corners, Front and Rear Recovery Hooks, Full TFT - LCD Instrument Cluster, HDD Premium Navigation with Touch Screen, Hard Disk Audio Server, Headlight Powerwash, Headlights - Automatic, Headlights - High Beam Assist, Headlights - Xenon with LED Signature, Headlining - Alston - Cirrus, Heated Rear Window, Hitching Guidance, Hydrophobic Front Door Glass, Illuminated Aluminium Treadplates with Autobiography Lettering, InControl Apps, InControl Connect Pack, InControl Protect - 3 Year Subscription, InControl Remote Premium - 3 Year Subscription, InControl Secure 3 Year Warranty Period Package, InControl Touch Plus - Level 3, Intelligent Emergency Braking, Keyless Entry, Laminated Hydrophobic Front Door - Toughened Rear Door and Quarter Light Glass, Leather Steering Wheel, Load Compartment Light, Non Smokers Pack, Parcel Shelf - Ebony, Parking Heating with Remote Control, Passenger Seat Away, Power Blinds for Panoramic Roof, Push Button Start, Queue Assist, Rain Sensing Windscreen Wipers, Reactive Grounding Response, Rear Bench Seat with Load Through Facility, Rear Lights - LED, Rear Parking Aid with Visual Display, Roof - Fixed Panoramic, Seat Belts - Ebony, Seats - Cirrus Contrast Stitching, Seats - Climate Rear, Seats - Driver 22-Way Adjustment, Seats - Driver Memory, Seats - Front 18 Way Electric, Seats - Front Massage, Seats - Front Passenger Memory, Seats - Passenger 22-Way Adjustment, Seats - Rear Power Fold, Seats - Rear with Power Recline, Seats - Semi Aniline Leather Style 19, Soft Close Doors, Speakers x17, Steering Column - Electric Tilt - Reach and Rake Adjustable, Steering Wheel - Heated, Subwoofer, Surround Camera System - 5 Cameras, TMC - Dynamic Route Guidance, TPMS - Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, TV - Digital Receiver, Tailgate - Handsfree Powered Electrical Tailgate, Touch Screen with Dual View Technology, Towing Assist, Trailer Reverse Park Guidance, Trailer Stability Control, Twin Tailpipes, USB Socket - Front, Voice Control - Audio, Voice Control - Navigation, Volumetric Alarm, Windscreen - Heated, Wireless Headphones x1

(At this point, the sobbing has turned into a full cry.)

Sergeant:

Don't worry sir. We'll find your Range Rover…

• Round of applause 5
  • Funny 11

On 17/12/2021 at 17:04, Hroth said:

Obviously they are quite constipated, perhaps you could offer them an alternative? If you have some senna or Exlax, or perhaps some prunes, perhaps that'll shift 'em?

I tried to buy some prunes, but they're out of stock at the moment. The shopkeeper said there's been a run on them.......

• Like 2
  • Funny 9