The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

I always wondered whether the trainspotters of the time used to call some of the King Arthurs the same names as I did, considering I was decades after them.

Ones I remember using was

Sir Din Dins

Sir Anorak

Sir Harry The Fish Cake

There was also Sir Guy who seems like a Russian meerkat to me.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, pH said:

...snip...

The profane knight - Sir Cuss

...snip...

I thought that Sir Cus had something to do with elephants, clowns, very large tents, etc. :jester:

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

I think some people have been watching Monty Python films.....

I see 'White Rabbit' has agreed with this post.

Just be careful, because he's? a killer!

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Baby Deltic said:

He was too busy collecting tips apparently.

What about Sir Cular, who bravely went in both directions (to the south Sir Cular rode, and to the north Sir Cular rode).  And the lily-livered Sir Osis.

Also, did you know that God was a biker with a dodgy silencer?  It says in the Bible (OT, Joshua 6.27) that 'the Lord was with Joshua, and the sound of his Triumph was heard throughout the land'!

Edited by The Johnster
  • Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

46 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

Also, did you know that God was a biker with a dodgy silencer?  It says in the Bible (OT, Joshua 6.27) that 'the Lord was with Joshua, and the sound of his Triumph was heard throughout the land'!

Handed-down from father to son, with a sidecar?

Jesus rode into jerusalem in his Triumph

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, KeithMacdonald said:

Whoops! Will @The Johnster and I get disappeared any moment now for breaking the forum rules? 

Sorry about that Mods.

I think we're safe, Kieth; we only quoted scripture and didn't discuss or comment on it... 

But with all those biblical characters riding around on old British motorbikes that leaked oil, no wonder there's so much of the stuff in the Middle East!

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

1 hour ago, The Johnster said:

But with all those biblical characters riding around on old British motorbikes that leaked oil, no wonder there's so much of the stuff in the Middle East!

I always remember the time me and a girlfriend were down Stoke way and popped into a pub in Kidsgrove (I think it was). Something like the Bluebell rings a bell.

She was a biker girl and had a little bike. I'm more into music than bikes. But look the part,  I was clinging on for dear life.

There was a group of these old biker blokes. You know the types. Classic British bikes and everything else is rubbish. Say they did "The Ton" even though the bike couldn't manage sixty. Now more over sixty than travelling at sixty. Really want a Harley, but can't afford one.

They started to take the p*ss. "Look at that rubbish Jap bike", "Only a 125", "What an awful colour", "Erg, yellow", "Not as good as our classics"

By now she was starting to get a bit narked and shouted. "Have a look at it you %&$*heads". "Do you really want a race?".

They hadn't noticed it was a road legal Ducati racing bike. 

A smaller version than the one Carl Fogarty had. A Monster M600. :laugh:

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/ducati/monster-600/1993/

Italian rather than Japanese, which showed up their knowledge of bikes. Pure jealousy that a small girl had a much better bike than them.

Funny thing we were meeting up with people who they knew later and they didn't say anything after that. I think they had their nose put out of joint.

Me? I was quietly PMSL into my pint as I could tell they were just big mouths.

• Like 11