The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

12 hours ago, Jamiel said:

We have had two Popes called ‘John Paul’, what I wonder is when we will get a Pope called ‘Ringo and George’?

There is a debate which never ends, just gets interrupted - "Which Beatle was the most successful after The Beatles split?"

I think they were all great in their own way.

John Lennon wrote the best lyrics.

George Harrison wrote the best music.

Paul McCartney and Wings were the best live act.

Ringo Starr was the best narrator of train-based children's television programs.

Edited by CameronL
Typo
  • Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, peanuts said:

Well picked my Horse for the Grandnational "Creasote" apparently its good over fences 

I think you'll find your horse has been disallowed. These days you're better off with eels on fences. But not any old eels. You have to get them from some chap called Ronald, apparently. 

• Craftsmanship/clever 1

7 hours ago, CameronL said:

There is a debate which never ends, just gets interrupted - "Which Beatle was the most successful after The Beatles split?"

Ringo Starr was the best narrator of train-based children's television programs.

Really? 

I'll just leave this here....

Edited by Steamport Southport
  • Like 11
  • Round of applause 4

1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

Really? 

I'll just leave this here....

I meant the best out of The Beatles. No-one could compete with the great Oliver Postgate. What else could I say about Ringo? Drumming? Paul McCartney played drums on "The Ballad of John and Yoko" and "Back in the USSR". This led to John Lennon, when asked by an interviewer "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?" reply "He isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles".

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

14 hours ago, CameronL said:

I meant the best out of The Beatles. No-one could compete with the great Oliver Postgate. What else could I say about Ringo? Drumming? Paul McCartney played drums on "The Ballad of John and Yoko" and "Back in the USSR". This led to John Lennon, when asked by an interviewer "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?" reply "He isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles".

Wrongly attributed to John Lennon.  The earliest source for the gag  appears to be BBC comedy Radio Active in Oct 1981.

https://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/beatles/did-john-lennon-say-ringo-wasnt-even-best-drummer/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rocor said:

Wrongly attributed to John Lennon.  The earliest source for the gag  appears to be BBC comedy Radio Active in Oct 1981.

https://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/beatles/did-john-lennon-say-ringo-wasnt-even-best-drummer/

Well, In My Life I learn Something new all the time. Should I Get Back to the drawing board, or just cry for Help? I might sort it With A Little Help From My Friends. I apologise for the confusion. I hope everyone can Come Together, say "I Feel Fine" about it and just Let It Be. 

Edited by CameronL
Added a bit
  • Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

I am a percussionist of sorts, and Ringo is better than me.  He tends to keep it simple but beautifully crafted, and has perceptibly improved over his career.  Nobody is ever going to include him among the greats, but there's plenty in chart bands that can't hold a candle to him.

• Like 6
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

The story came from one of the recording sessions.

He couldn't play a part. So they got a session musician to play it instead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Me_Do

I am pretty sure that was a session for the BBC, and George Martin was producing, he had heard Pete Best and wanted a better drummer. He didn't know Ringo had joined the Beatles, and Ringo was pretty miffed at a session guy being used.

Ringo and George Martin became great friends, and appreciated each other's work a great deal. Ringo is also the most expensive drummer for a session in the world as far as I know.

Having played drums for many years I feel he is hugely underappreciated, his pattern drumming on ‘Come Together’ is years ahead of the time. He may not be Stevie Gadd, he may not have the technical aspects of some of the jazz and prog drummers, but when it comes to playing Ringo’s style, a very definite style, fitting, uncluttered, but with feel and fun, then frankly Ringo is your man. I think that a lot of drummers would put him in their to players list, OK after Gadd, Bonham, Bruford, Peart, Cobham, Copeland…… I would be pretty surprised if that lot didn’t put Ringo up there as an influence too, I know Phil Collins (drummer, preferably not singing) would.

Meanwhile back to the jokes ……..

Edited by Jamiel
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, exmoordave said:

A Tibetan monk has just claimed he saw the face of his personal deity in a tub of margarine.  he said, "I can't believe it's not Buddha"....... 

image.png.32c120b5b6df13d1a2b5226374f9f255.png

• Agree 5