The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

5 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Pretty accurate description of my modelling career!  Funny how the last one looks like a sort of smiley face.

Well it does possess a simplicity, near enough for the "expectation" of seeing some trains running...

Julian

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Lovely Babs, don't know what her name was though....

Reminds me of a Mike Harding joke....

My Grandad loved Pans People, especially "Babs", the blonde one. He used to say "I'd love to be casseroled by that yon blonde 'un!!" I said "Grandad, don't you mean "caressed"? "No!", he said, "Casseroled!"
I looked it up in the dictionary:-
Casseroled - to be done slowly for three and half hours.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 11

4 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Lovely Babs, don't know what her name was though....

I may have an incorrect memory of which of the PP it was, but memory, such as it is, seems to recall that she married an RAF Officer and was at a Station I was on, during flying training.  On one occasion she turned up to a fancy dress party, in the Mess, as a female spy, wearing a completely backless halter neck dress and managed to tote a pistol, too.   Given the plunging frontage, there was only one other place the pistol could be lodged without falling out, or being revealed, which she would demonstrate, upon being requested by some disbeliever.    :rolleyes:

I remember the evening well, it was a particularly warm one, as someone seemed to have left the heating turned up to maximum!! 

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, jcredfer said:

I may have an incorrect memory of which of the PP it was, but memory, such as it is, seems to recall that she married an RAF Officer and was at a Station I was on, during flying training.  On one occasion she turned up to a fancy dress party, in the Mess, as a female spy, wearing a completely backless halter neck dress and managed to tote a pistol, too.   Given the plunging frontage, there was only one other place the pistol could be lodged without falling out, or being revealed, which she would demonstrate, upon being requested by some disbeliever.    :rolleyes:

I remember the evening well, it was a particularly warm one, as someone seemed to have left the heating turned up to maximum!! 

Babs left Pan's People to marry the actor Robert Powell. I guess it must have been another member of Pan's People that married the RAF officer

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, raymw said:

Funny how things change throughout your life - but thanks to the PC, you can still see stuff that today would not be PC.

Yes, fur coats are an absolute no-no.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, raymw said:

Funny how things change throughout your life - but thanks to the PC, you can still see stuff that today would not be PC.

And as others have noted in the comment section of  this and other of their videos , is'nt

it nice to see natural beauty , no pumped up with plastic b**bs or trout

pouts lips , and not a tattoo to be seen .

Ahh , no wonder Thursday nights were so good .

Edited by Sidecar Racer
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3

Yeah. But most commenting will be boring old men who watched it hiding behind their newspaper in case the missus caught them looking at it...

"Look at the state of her". Yeah, but you're looking you dirty old rotter....  :prankster:

Give me the Fuel Girls any day of the week. Tats, fire and dancing. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, raymw said:

The words in the song are a bit non PC as well, a black man from Brixton singing that he doesn't want to be a bus driver all his life wouldn't go down very well in this day and age,

Mike.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

The words in the song are a bit non PC as well, a black man from Brixton singing that he doesn't want to be a bus driver all his life wouldn't go down very well in this day and age,

An even bigger problem is the introduction by one of the BBCs non-persons, DLT. Then I watched through to the end to find an even bigger one, Jimmy Saville.  No wonder you don't see that clip on the old TOTPs on BBC 4!

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Sidecar Racer said:

And as others have noted in the comment section of  this and other of their videos , is'nt

it nice to see natural beauty , no pumped up with plastic b**bs or trout

pouts lips , and not a tattoo to be seen .

Ahh , no wonder Thursday nights were so good .

And then there was Hot Gossip!;)

• Agree 1