The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

On 29/03/2021 at 12:37, RJS1977 said:

I would have thought Thunderbird 4 might be more useful (not sure the Mole would work underwater).

That said, International Rescue's remit was really only situations where life was at stake, so unblocking a canal isn't something they'd normally do.

Good news chaps!

I now have permission to reveal the secret plot-spoiler. It's a remake of a classic Thunderbirds episode, where they battle the dastardly villianous Zombites in Egypt.

An ancient tribe living beneath the Lost Pyramid of Khamandides in the Sahara Desert may not sound like much of a threat, but Scott finds out they are the hard way when three of their fighter jets shoot him down! The Zombites stand out from the usual Thunderbirds villains for how fabulously outlandish they are; a secret base, cool fighter planes, their own personal monotrain and even an unintelligible secret language are certainly a far cry from the usual “come and get us, wise guy!” gun-toting renta-goons seen throughout the rest of the series.

https://www.gerryanderson.co.uk/top-5-thunderbirds-guest-villains/

What happened in the original episode? (I hear your ask)

Unfortunately we don’t get to find out anything about their history or origins although it’s implied that some sort of natural gas is being refined to power the underground city and fuel their jets, which of course leads them wide open for that most popular of Gerry Anderson plot resolutions; a massive explosion. As mentioned previously International Rescue’s inadvertent contribution to the extinction of the Zombites rather flies in the face of their main goals of saving lives and helping people, but on the other hand they shot down Thunderbird 1 and that’s never okay.

As even Thunderbirds is now eco-friendly and Health & Safety conscious, the remake couldn't blow things up and release massive amounts of CO2, so they crashed the Zombites into the Great Bitter Lake while (conveniently and completely coincidently) no shipping was there.

• Informative/Useful 3

Oh, by the way, while we're talking Thunderbird villians, and making it a tiny bit "on topic" (railway related)...

Many Thunderbirds villains were out to make a quick buck but none of them hatched their plans on quite so elaborate a scale as Warren Grafton, a shady businessman who hoped Lady Penelope and later Jeff Tracy would help finance his dream of a fully automated monorail system – track and train alike!

I can neither confirm nor deny that Elon Musk is attempting to do something similar with Hyperloop.

• Funny 2

8 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Going on my (limited) knowledge of modernish loco's, shouldn't it have been a 60?

Mike.

Where's Virgin Trains Thunderbird 57307 Lady Penelope when you need her?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_57#/media/File:57307_at_Castleton_East_Junction.jpg

• RMweb Premium

I have done a search for this and really, I know this is bad, but no one having said this is clearly remiss of the forum.

Have just had my vaccination, it was really easy.

‘Just a little prick.’

‘Don’t be so personal, I’ve never had any complaints.’

In reverence to Carry On, Julian Clarry, Kenneth Williams (Julian and Sandy) there is no way I could not add that.

Queue the groan button.

Edited by Jamiel
  • Like 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Jamiel said:

I have done a search for this and really, I know this is bad, but no one having said this is clearly remiss of the forum.

Have just had my vaccination, it was really easy.

‘Just a little prick.’

‘Don’t be so personal, I’ve never had any complaints.’

In reverence to Carry On, Julian Clarry, Kenneth Williams (Julian and Sandy) there is now way I could not add that.

Queue the groan button.

Thats why they tell you its going to be "a little scratch", so's the nurses don't get embarrassed...

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, raymw said:

nurse? embarrassed?

I suspect nurses have to attend anatomy lessons and just to be pedantic the term is “sharp scratch” (I’m a getting it all right sort of bloke)

Edited by Hibelroad
Made a mistake, ironic really
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
53 minutes ago, Obi-Jiff Kenobi said:

Two people talking down the pub...

A: Ken Dodd died today.

B: Did 'e?

A: No, Doddy.

They got the Diddymen to carry the coffin they carried him off in..

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1