The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, MartynJPearson said:

Did she get her own back by asking for a return ticket to.... "back here"?

The full version of the story relates that my repsonse to 'Back 'ome of course' was 'yes, but where's home'?  This was responded to, I kid you not, with '24, Albion Street'!  Magnificent..

I loved Barry Island extras and excursions.  I did another trip that day for the evening return traffic, and had a van full of wriggly giggly teenage girls in bikinis that might as well not have bothered to turn up, and good moods.  It was a terrible job, but somebody had to do it...

'Mam, little Tommy got 'is 'ed stuck out the window'.

'You get ewer 'ed back inside this minute little Tommy, or big tren'll come an' knock it off, an if it don't, I will'!

'But, Mam, it's too 'ot inside'.   To be fair to little Tommy, it was a bit sticky in the crowded train.

Cue horn of 47 at full chat on loaded MGR on the down...

'Mam, Mam, big tren come an' knock my 'ed off, Mam, Mam...'!

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Irish Padre said:

C17B547B-E68B-4AF8-96FC-DC731D5D85F2.jpeg

Not the best telegram message story I saw recently.

Someone wanted to know how old Cary Grant was for a movie as they thought he might have been too old. So they decided to telegram his agent to ask. This was in the days you paid by the letter. But they sent it to Cary Grant himself by mistake.

HOW OLD CARY GRANT?

The reply was....

OLD CARY GRANT FINE. HOW YOU?

Might be made up, but made me chuckle the first time I saw it.

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, steve1 said:

Thanks but still none the wiser.

steve

I'm beginning to think you've led a bit of a sheltered life Steve!:D

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

55 minutes ago, steve1 said:

Thanks but still none the wiser.

steve

37 minutes ago, iands said:

I'm beginning to think you've led a bit of a sheltered life Steve!:D

More likely Steve & I don't/didn't watch any old dross on TV.... :rolleyes: :blum:

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, The Johnster said:

I loved Barry Island extras and excursions.  I did another trip that day for the evening return traffic, and had a van full of wriggly giggly teenage girls in bikinis that might as well not have bothered to turn up, and good moods.  It was a terrible job, but somebody had to do it...

.......  To be fair to little Tommy, it was a bit sticky in the crowded train.

Great choice of words there, Johnster.... ;)

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

Just had a Google for ALF.  I know why I've never heard of it now.

1 - I might like American trains, but American "comedy" leaves me cold. I don't watch any of it.

2 - If it was a 'kids'/early afternoons show, then I was working anyway by the mid-80s.  ;)

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 minute ago, F-UnitMad said:

Just had a Google for ALF.  I know why I've never heard of it now.

1 - I might like American trains, but American "comedy" leaves me cold. I don't watch any of it.

2 - If it was a 'kids'/early afternoons show, then I was working anyway by the mid-80s.  ;)

It wasn't. It was more towards the Married..... With Children end of the spectrum, just that it had a kid in it. 

ISTR it was more 7 or 8 o'clock ITV than daytime TV. Ended up on SKY.

• Agree 1

Ah well, I still didn't see it.

Mindyou, a lot of British "comedy" leaves me cold, too. I once sat through a whole episode of "The Office" (the only time I watched it) completely unmoved, while my friends around me collapsed in hysterics. I just didn't get it. But then, as one of them pointed out - I've never worked in an office. :scratchhead:

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Baby Deltic said:

image.png.521cd0aa71627b0edf57ea1b6f186477.png

We have a guinea pig that is no slouch at projecting this sort of image of himself as well, and he has taught my tropical fishes how to do it.  For a fish to project a pleading expression is some feat, but they manage it all the same...

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Film director Billy Wilder had cause to travel to Europe shortly after World War II. His wife asked him to look for a bidet whilst he was there. After a short while on the continent, he sent her a telegram that read:

UNABLE FIND BIDET STOP SUGGEST HANDSTAND IN SHOWER STOP

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, The Johnster said:

We have a guinea pig that is no slouch at projecting this sort of image of himself as well, and he has taught my tropical fishes how to do it.  For a fish to project a pleading expression is some feat, but they manage it all the same...

Get a cat...

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, F-UnitMad said:

Are they floating upside down as they stare at you? If so, I have some bad news for you....

No, all quite healthy and contented, touch wood.  7x Harlequin Rasbora, 3x Yo-yo loach, one male and two female Betta Splendens, 2x Wood Shrimp.  They are fed flake when I get up and a treat, sometimes live, food mid evening.  The guinea pig is fascinated and spends hours watching them from his cage. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

No, all quite healthy and contented, touch wood.  7x Harlequin Rasbora, 3x Yo-yo loach, one male and two female Betta Splendens, 2x Wood Shrimp.  They are fed flake when I get up and a treat, sometimes live, food mid evening.  The guinea pig is fascinated and spends hours watching them from his cage. 

Are you sure the guinea pig isn’t a cat?

• Funny 6