The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Pete smith said:

If typhoon put the T in Britain???

who put the **** in Scunthorpe???

That reminded me of this line from an old rock&roll song:

"Who put the ram in the rama lama ding ?"

Edited by J. S. Bach
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Something which is trending on the internet that could be seen as racist...

It's something to do with calling "stupid white women" Karens.

Not so much stupidity, though there may be a lot of stupid Karens about. It is more that they have a over developed sense of entitlement. Karens tend to stamp their little feet until they get what they want.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

I`m happily married to a Karen, she is very good at getting the best deals and customer service out of people. That, I believe is were the " Karen " term originated. She doesn`t need to " stamp her little feet " she`s just very persistent and refuses to back down when she knows, that as a customer she is in the right. The amount of money she has saved us over the last thirty years must be quite considerable now. Perhaps I should have kept count.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, nigb55009 said:

I`m happily married to a Karen, she is very good at getting the best deals and customer service out of people. That, I believe is were the " Karen " term originated. She doesn`t need to " stamp her little feet " she`s just very persistent and refuses to back down when she knows, that as a customer she is in the right. The amount of money she has saved us over the last thirty years must be quite considerable now. Perhaps I should have kept count.

There is nothing wrong with insisting on your consumer rights. The examples of Karens that I have read about appear to go well beyond that though. They insist on stridently telling other people what they should and should not do.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

As she is an Area Manager for a pub company, it is her duty to inform staff, during training, of their role and make sure 

that they to guidelines, such as COVID 19. Track and trace, social distancing and limiting the number of customers in each venue are equally important as the ability to serve at the bar during this pandemic. However, it is sometimes necessary to " tell " some people more forcefully because they don`t listen the first time or refuse to co-operate. When individuals can be fined for not adhering to the rules it`s sometimes for their own good. It is not her natural way of treating people, more that it needs to be done to keep herself, her staff and customers safe. Normally she`s very friendly and has excellent people skills. But making people listen sometimes goes with the job. I`m Karen isn`t the only person in that position, there many more, and not all called Karen.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

I think people are getting mixed up.

The "customer rights" thing comes from a case where a woman ignored the black worker and asked for the manager. It was filmed and became an "internet video". With the poor woman being ridiculed not having any chance to reply. She had been found guilty by social media without people knowing what it was actually about.

it's a racist term. Just like Gammon is. 

• Informative/Useful 2

1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

I think people are getting mixed up.

The "customer rights" thing comes from a case where a woman ignored the black worker and asked for the manager. It was filmed and became an "internet video". With the poor woman being ridiculed not having any chance to reply. She had been found guilty by social media without people knowing what it was actually about.

it's a racist term. Just like Gammon is. 

This poor woman, asked for the manager and ignored a member of staff, which resulted in social media reaction, without having any chance to reply.

Two things seem missing in the complaint made on her behalf - 1. A reason why she felt the need to bypass the worker, which has no justification stated.  2. Given the opportunity for social media to ridicule the poor woman [see the lack of reason at 1. above] how was she prevented from using the very same social media to explain her reason for bypassing the member of staff?  3. Customer rights are a matter of Law, so it would be interesting to see such evidence as may lead to the conclusion about how she might have been found guilty erroneously by social media.

Julian

4 hours ago, nigb55009 said:

when she knows, that as a customer she is in the right.

Cue the 'joke' about Customers being ignorant, rude, arrogant etc etc, but always Right.

Anyone who has ever worked in any kind of Service industry will know it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 7