The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

• RMweb Gold

This has significance as the declaration of a major disaster by the President, one of the executive powers he has without recourse to Congress or Senate, entitles the state to access federal funds to deal with the major disaster.  

But, yeah, it takes one to know one...

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

(This may be a repeat)

There was a major flood warning and the army sent its trucks out to collect residents. One lady refused to leave, sayin "The Lord will provide."

When the water reached her front porch, a boat came by, but "The Lord will provide."

Later she was sitting on the roof and a helicopter offered to take her. "The Lord will provide."

A bit later, she was knocking at the Pearly Gates. She told St. Peter "I thought the Lord would provide."  St. Peter said, "We sent a truck, a boat and a helicopter. What more did you want?"

• Like 8
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, The Johnster said:

And if it's a pie with four and twenty blackbirds baked in it, I'm not eating it; have you seen how many fleas and lice there are on a blackbird...

But they'll all be cooked, like the blackbirds, so they'll just be additional protein.  Anyway, I never could work out how baked blackbirds could sing.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

10 hours ago, CameronL said:

Breaking news - in America President Trump has declared the wildfires in California "a major disaster".

It takes one to know one 

He just thinks it was started by an Army Officer.....

Julian

• Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, Hroth said:

But they'll all be cooked, like the blackbirds, so they'll just be additional protein.  Anyway, I never could work out how baked blackbirds could sing.

Quite a common medieval party trick.

They were placed in a pie crust. When they cut the pie the birds flew out and sang.

They weren't eaten. The English upper classes didn't eat songbirds. I believe it was a bit of satire that these people were so rich they were playing with food rather than eating it while the peasants were starving and being taxed.

These are the relevant lines.

When the pie was opened

The birds began to sing;

Wasn't that a dainty dish,

To set before the king.

The king was in his counting house,

Counting out his money;

The queen was in the parlour,

Eating bread and honey.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
59 minutes ago, jcredfer said:

He just thinks it was started by an Army Officer.....

Julian

Really, that would be a first!

He already KNOWS everything. Cures for Coronavirus, building walls, better not go further!

Edited by kevinlms
More info
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Quite a common medieval party trick.

They were placed in a pie crust. When they cut the pie the birds flew out and sang.

They weren't eaten. The English upper classes didn't eat songbirds.

Depends on when in the Middle Ages it might have been, the earlier you go, the more French the upper classes were, and they'd eat anything!

Perhaps the singer was out of his mind on the ergot contaminated rye in his pocket?

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Hroth said:

Perhaps the singer was out of his mind on the ergot contaminated rye in his pocket?

And there I was thinking psychedelic rock started in the 1960s. If this is the case it was much earlier.

• Funny 4

6 hours ago, kevinlms said:

Really, that would be a first!

He already KNOWS everything. Cures for Coronavirus, building walls, better not go further!

True.

It's one thing to be silent and worried that people will think you to be a fool.  It's entirely another to open your mouth and prove you are a fool.  He is also entirely unaware that anyone who has to claim a high order of intelligence - is clearly not demonstrating it by deeds or words.

Julian

• Like 4
  • Agree 3

40 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

If you've got to ask, you haven't got an invite....

Tell your friend. :D

It seems to be a strange logic, to celebrate the end of one plague, by behaviour designed to exchange numerous other forms of plague.   :girldevil::girldevil:

I'm glad to report that I haven't {yet, at least} had such an invitation, which saves me having to write a RSVP refusal, without causing offence.   :angel:   ... :dancer:

Julian

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, CameronL said:

And there I was thinking psychedelic rock started in the 1960s. If this is the case it was much earlier.

Carn Ingli, near Newport/Trefdraeth, Pembrokeshire, means Cairn of the Angels, after St Govan. an Irish saint who preach to the Welsh in the Dark Ages, spoke to angels whilst up there praying, as those fellows were wont to do at the drip of a hat.  It may or may not be relevant that the place is much frequented by New Age types because of the presence of a certain sort of mushroom...

It’s been going on a very long time; the difference in the 60s was electric guitars to accompany it!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

Carn Ingli, near Newport/Trefdraeth, Pembrokeshire, means Cairn of the Angels, after St Govan. an Irish saint who preach to the Welsh in the Dark Ages, spoke to angels whilst up there praying, as those fellows were wont to do at the drip of a hat.  It may or may not be relevant that the place is much frequented by New Age types because of the presence of a certain sort of mushroom...

It’s been going on a very long time; the difference in the 60s was electric guitars to accompany it!

I've done some Googling* and found an early version of the lyrics which goes - 

"The King was in his counting house, counting out his money 

The Queen was in the parlour, smoking something funny

The Maid was in the garden, harvesting the pot

When up came the Special Branch to confiscate the lot

It caused such a commotion when the King said "Stay loose!

It's only medicinal" -

And legalised its use

* No. I made it up. All my fault 

Edited by CameronL
Honesty
  • Like 2
  • Funny 15