The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

5 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Nottingham was originally Snottingham and the people called Snotts. The Normans changed this and called it Nottingham with the people called Notts.

The people of Scunthorpe kept quiet....

The people of Goole still keep quiet...

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

Girl I was going out with nearly got arrested for wearing a helmet in a Post Office.

Seriously, she was going along. Decided she needed a stamp. Stopped by a Post Office and went in still wearing her lid.

Panic button was pressed....

:laugh:

Sorted out in seconds when she realised and removed it. But police still turned up and she got a ticking off.

Jason

• Friendly/supportive 5

2 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Girl I was going out with nearly got arrested for wearing a helmet in a Post Office.

Seriously, she was going along. Decided she needed a stamp. Stopped by a Post Office and went in still wearing her lid.

Sorted out in seconds when she realised and removed it. But police still turned up and she got a ticking off.

Jason

There was a story doing the rounds at the start of the pandemic that an old guy went into a post office in Barnsley with a pillowcase with eyeholes cut out over his head.

Dont know why but it reminds me of the Citizen Smith episode where someone's mum handknits them skimasks but puts their name on so they know whos who

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Jason

Blonde??

Mike.

• Funny 1

17 hours ago, Obi-Jiff Kenobi said:

Come the revolution, citizen, you’ll be first against the wall!

"Come the revolution" - there will be committees to decide -

Which wall to use

What rifles to use

How many rounds in each

How many people should be in the firing squad

How to select them (preference given to card-carrying Party members of good standing)

How many Party members should command the firing squad (at least 3 so they can watch each other mistrustfully)

What to do with the bodies afterwards

How will it be reported back to the Party (in other words how the running dogs of the former regime met their just desserts)

Not to mention the risk assessment of the chance of a ricochet off the wall hitting a member of the firing squad.

You'd more likely die of old age.

Edited by CameronL
Added a bit
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 7

1st Revolutionary: "Come the Revolution, brother, everyone will drive a Rolls-Royce!"

2nd Revolutionary: "What if I don't want to drive a Rolls-Royce?"

1st Revolutionary: "Come the Revolution, brother, you'll drive what you're told to!"

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 11