The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

• RMweb Gold
55 minutes ago, Jamiel said:

Perhaps you could compile an inventory of all the jokes in the 473 pages of this thread, so that when someone sees a something funny that might cheer some people up, they can consult that first to make sure that a small minority are not upset by it being repeated?

Sometimes it's not the fact that jokes are repeated (most are anyway) but that they are repeated within days or even hours.

There's always the search facility if you're not sure.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, chris p bacon said:

Sometimes it's not the fact that jokes are repeated (most are anyway) but that they are repeated within days or even hours.

There's always the search facility if you're not sure.

You are right, and I, and many other posters do that, but unfortunately it doesn't work for images.

I usually check the last couple of pages to see if someone has posted the joke, especially if it has been doing the rounds on Facebook.

If you get distracted and quickly post it happens too.

Judging by the number of likes to my recent posts there were a few people who found the joke funny, and so presumably enjoyed it for the moment and hadn’t seen it recently.

Sometimes I just miss that a joke has been posted, even after a quick check, but personally I don’t think it is the worst thing in the world to try and spread a little happiness (Sting, but it was a cover version, so another repeat), and if a few repeated posts are the price of that, then I am not too worried.

Edited by Jamiel
  • Like 5
  • Agree 2

I've just seen Sting shopping in our village. Problem is, he really didn't get the whole social distancing thing. People had to say to him "Sting! Don't stand so close to me!"

Then a busload of Buster Bloodvessel lookalikes turned up, and they didn't get it either. It was really a shame to see so many examples of Bad Manners.

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Albert Einstein is rightly celebrated for his scientific achievements, but it is sad that his work in the field of hairdressing is often overlooked, after all he was the inventor of the lockdown hairstyle.
c7dppKDbG3JXuMfybV5tUX-1200-80.jpg

• Like 8
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, Budgie said:

Papyrus and Comic Sans walk into a bar. The bartender says, "Get out -- we don't serve your type."

"But surely, the Algerians, Romans & Egyptians can stay? "

"OK, but put the Baskerville on a lead".

Poor Richard!

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, tomparryharry said:

I can't believe that a monkey is getting better jokes than me!

I can...

2 hours ago, Budgie said:

A malapropism walks into a bar, looking for all intensive purposes like a wolf in cheap clothing, muttering epitaphs and casting dispersions on his magnificent other, who takes him for granite.

Hyperbole totally rips into this insane bar and absolutely destroys everything

This is the very porpoise of having pubs in the first place...

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1