The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Best eighty quid he's ever spent.

Mike.

He thinks so, and he didn’t really spend it since he was never really in possession of it anyway; basically 2 free major drinking bouts and a missus as a bonus...

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

This is a picture released by Derbyshire police , they want the help of the public to find them in respect of racist attack..

Yes they have blanked the faces to protect the suspects Identities. . .

BB17m4uV.png

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

11 minutes ago, TheQ said:

This is a picture released by Derbyshire police , they want the help of the public to find them in respect of racist attack..

Yes they have blanked the faces to protect the suspects Identities. . .

BB17m4uV.png

You couldn't write it 

• Agree 6

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

You couldn't write it 

Police said: “There are strict laws around identifying any child or young person – either as a witness, victim or perpetrator – and as a force we have to abide by this legislation.

“In this case, with Chapel being such a small town, the clothing being so distinctive and the alleged crime serious, it was believed that they would be able to be identified.”

Since the appeal was put out, the people in the CCTV footage have been successfully identified and investigations are ongoing.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Baby Deltic said:

image.jpeg.16a7ce2b20dba2486ecd37d97296874f.jpeg

I've heard of something similar happening for real - a large company hired a penetration tester to check on their security. The testing company went through everything and made their report highlighting some major issues, which, in order to prove their point, they left on the client's CEO's desk...

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, Nick C said:

I've heard of something similar happening for real - a large company hired a penetration tester to check on their security. The testing company went through everything and made their report highlighting some major issues, which, in order to prove their point, they left on the client's CEO's desk...

My late father was attached to the British Military Mission in Pretoria, 1942-45 as a Royal Signals WO2.  He had previously been in the Intelligence Corps as an instructor at a Commando training centre.  Their main task was liason with the South African Defence Force and counter espionage (there was strong anti-British sentiment in S.A. during WW2).  They were asked/ordered to advise on security at General Smuts' HQ, and duly reported that his office and safe were insecure.  Smuts replied that it was perfectly secure.  The next morning he was phoned up and asked to check the safe, which was found to contain a parcel labelled "BOMB" (courtesy of Dad and a companion).  Smuts duly accepted further advice on security.

• Like 3
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Alex TM said:

Absolutely anything but surprised by this!

At the height of our big Tesco's social distancing efforts - managed admission, one way system, single managed queue for the tills, etc., all well and good - a couple of the younger staff could usually be seen happily chatting away next to each other, holding their "keep apart 2 m" lollipop signs...

• Like 5

3 hours ago, jbqfc said:

hippo.jpg

An angry one is also faster in the water, than fast paddled canoes, too.....   fortunately, I am still able to advise that the shallow bits between small islets across rapids slow them down to less than a speeding canoe!!

A few years later, relating the events in a conversation with a, SA, Reserve Park guide, produced the response "You paddled down the Zambezi in a f***ing WHAT!!  You've completely lost your f****ing marbles!!"  But, then, I had already worked that out.....

{Just to put his comment in perspective, this was a highly educated biologist involved in one of the big conservation projects in SA and was the only time he used a profanity in4 days.}

Julian

Edited by jcredfer
  • Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium

The one a couple of posts up reminds me of a sign outside a local cafe - "Free coffee, topless staff, false advertising." I suggested they get a big fat bloke in they could use to legitimately claim the "topless staff" part.

edit: I didn't volunteer myself however!

Edited by Reorte
  • Funny 2