The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, luckymucklebackit said:

Stage 2

... You think DCC is an arcane art that involves wearing black robes and sacrificing chickens.

What - it doesn't??

Sacrificial chooks are for when you first start using DCC and have fallen for "You just need two wires" scam.  Sheep, goats and bulls follow as you fall deeper into the rabbit hole....

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 10

4 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Sacrificial chooks are for when you first start using DCC and have fallen for "You just need two wires" scam.  Sheep, goats and bulls follow as you fall deeper into the rabbit hole....

This Just proves that there is something mystical about it, Dwarves, Goblins,  Rangers, Runes...

http://artifactsandrelics.blogspot.com/2016/09/a-new-dcc-class-for-goblins-halflings.html

Jim

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

Its not easy practising the dark arts nowadays, have you seen the price of virgins recently? Thats if you can get them.

They're called Avanti's now around here.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Hroth said:

You do only need two wires. Perhaps cut up in to lots of shorter lengths mind.

• Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
54 minutes ago, Reorte said:

You do only need two wires. Perhaps cut up in to lots of shorter lengths mind.

You mean like short bits of string, that are only useful for tying parcels to pigeons?

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Its not easy practising the dark arts nowadays, have you seen the price of virgins recently? Thats if you can get them.

You can't round here, even ugly ones.  Why wasn't Jesus born in Merthyr? Couldn't find 3 wise men.  Why wasn't he born in Cardiff? Couldn't find a virgin.

As for 2 wires, I've only got 4 on my DC controlled layout, alright, more for the Dapol working signals and another pair for station and signalbox lighting, then at least one more for the proposed yard lighting, so no way I'd go for DCC if I could afford it which I can't, only 2 wires and a solid 12 volts at all times, sounds, lights, etc...

Actually it's probably the second thing I'm going to do if I big win the lottery, soon as I've got over the hangover!

• Like 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

You need a good online comparison site. I always use VirGo Compare.

Edited by CameronL
Bad grammar.
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Hroth said:

Must be a bloody great rabbit hole?

Mike.

• Funny 8

• RMweb Gold

On the theme of above, and this is a true story.

About 20 years ago I owned a couple of terraced cottages in Sandy, I had reduced the gardens to make a building plot (they had 150') and in the interim rented them out. One of them had a PITA tenant who was very lax with paying his rent and ultimately left me with bills to pay when I kicked him out. I had taken him as he had good references and was smartly dressed in Hugo Boss suits with a very good job (I'll call him J). He had a girlfriend (I'll call her L) who was very nice but she had a 'look' that gave you the feeling that if you annoyed her she would not take prisoners. 

Cutting a long story short L knocked at the door one evening and asked if I could let her in as she had left her key inside, this had happened several times so I popped over and opened the door for her and went home. Later I had J visit and it seems that L had gone in and cut all the groin area from his suits and pretty much trashed everything he had. He said it was my fault for letting her in but I pointed out they had rented the property together and I was not to know they were having 'Issues'

I contacted L and asked what was going on and it seems that during a period of 'Intimacy' he had called her a different name and so she followed him when he was supposed to be seeing a client and caught him in the act. She cut every single item of clothing he had apart from what he was wearing and then scratched 'see you next tuesday' on his car.

I had a feeling she wasn't happy so thought it best not to ask for her key back.....He lasted 7 more days before being kicked out.

As far as I know from about 2 years ago he is still with the one he went off with, which would have been about 16/17 years .

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

Similar story with a car, friend of mine saw an ad for a Rover, P6 variety, price was £50. This would be about the time the SD1 replaced it so 1976-77?

Expecting something none too great he went to have a look. Turns out it's a two year old, absolute mint condition 3500 with less than 10k on the clock, kept in a heated garage.

He bought the car and cherished it for many years.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Crisp p I was waiting for the punchline. ;)

It would seem that she was satisfied with being rid of him and avoided the possibility of a complicated adversarial court case involving said pugilistic attack.  Clever girl.

Julian

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Happy ending story; when the lottery first started up and before we'd all got it into our heads that you need 6 numbers and the bonus ball to get real money, friend of ming was in a syndicate in his local pub, a fairly rough one on the western edge of the city.  'Bout 3 weeks in, they came up with 5 balls, which sounded like at least £20k each they reckoned, and proceeded to drink the place dry on tick.  My friend, we'll call him Dave to protect the guilty (and because it is his name), woke up with a very attractive 19 year old barmaid who he vaguely remembering exchanging bodily fluids the night before, and they had breakfast and made their way to the pub, which had restocked and was well into another drinking dry on tick session.  He woke up with her again the following morning, and this time they had breakfast before going to the pub to find out how many 10s of thousands they were now in possession of.  

Turned out they were in for about £80 each which was about enough, amongst the whole syndicate, to cover 75% of the bar bill.  The landlord, as culpable as the rest, decided to call it quits and forget it, and they all went home to cancel their orders for new tvs, cars, hollies in the pyjamas and so on, sadder but  a little wiser. 

Except Dave, with a big grin on his face.  He took the barmaid home again, since she was still smiling back at him.  They are now happy grandparents and still potty about each other; I'd call that a happy ending, wouldn't you!

Best eighty quid he's ever spent.

Mike.

• Like 9
  • Agree 1