The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

8 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

I remember the delights of Welsh TV. 

Sgorio and Pobol Y Cwm. At one point they were even showing It's A Knockout in Welsh.   :jester:

Jason

You forgot 'Fireman Sam' :D

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

I remember the delights of Welsh TV. 

Sgorio and Pobol Y Cwm. At one point they were even showing It's A Knockout in Welsh.   :jester:

Jason

If you can swear in Welsh, you’ll be aware of how off target the English subtitles were:whistle:

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

14 hours ago, BoD said:

A Scotsman walks into a pub.  There should be an Englishman and Irishman there too but they are still in Japan.

I really should make some witty reference to 2015 but we are still fuming over the decision made by Craig Joubert

Edited by luckymucklebackit
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, The Johnster said:

No, the Irish are actually the Welsh who could swim...

And, of course, St Patrick is the world's most famous Welshman.

7 hours ago, The Johnster said:

If you can swear in Welsh, you’ll be aware of how off target the English subtitles were:whistle:

Sometimes in Pobol y Cwm they would swear in English and the subtitles would be something innocuous like 'go away'.

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

St Patrick is claimed by local legend to have been a Christian born and brought up in Banwen, a village not far from Coelbren, and, as a teenager, captured by Irish pirates raiding the Romano-British market town of Nidum, Neath, and taken as a slave to Ireland.  From here he escaped to Gaul, where he became a monk and asked to be returned to Ireland to convert it's people.  I tend to give some credence to this sort of legend as I can't see why anyone in a small village miles from the action would make it up! IIRC Geraldus Cambrensis mentions it so it was already established by the 12th century.

There were no snakes in Ireland anyway, except for some 2-legged ones.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Allegheny1600 said:

If you were in space no one can hear you scream.

That’s understandable as you’d be thousands of miles away.

<pedant mode>At least 62 miles</pedant mode> - which is far enough.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

As the 747 climbs to cruising height the captain comes on the tannoy and says "Welcome aboard this flight from London to New York. We will be flying at a height of OH MY GOD!" Then silence for about a minute. Then the captain comes on the tannoy again and says "Apologies ladies and gentlemen, the stewardess spilt some very hot coffee in my lap and its made a mess of the front of my trousers." Then a voice piped up from the back of the cabin "Nothing like the mess its made of the back of mine."

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 3
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
On 17/10/2019 at 21:19, BoD said:

Yes, but how many jokes do you know that start with There was an Englishman, Irishman and Welshman....

.... apart from the one that involved all those sheep.

Surely it should include a  Welshman, a Yorkshireman and a sheep?

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

As the 747 climbs to cruising height the captain comes on the tannoy and says "Welcome aboard this flight from London to New York. We will be flying at a height of OH MY GOD!" Then silence for about a minute. Then the captain comes on the tannoy again and says "Apologies ladies and gentlemen, the stewardess spilt some very hot coffee in my lap and its made a mess of the front of my trousers." Then a voice piped up from the back of the cabin "Nothing like the mess its made of the back of mine."

As the 747 thunders along it's Great Circle out over the North Atlantic, the Captain apologises and makes some general announcements about the ETA at Kennedy, weather conditions in New York and so on.  Then, forgetting to switch the tannoy off, he engages in a conversation with the co-pilot.  'Got anything planned when we land in New York'.  'Yes, Captain, I've booked a room in a posh hotel and a table in a good restaurant and I'm gonna take that new stewardess out for a meal, then take her back to the hotel, strip her naked, and then I'm gonna (for the sake of decency I will leave this to your imaginations but he's got a pretty full and interesting, not to mention acrobatic, night in mind, which he unknowingly describes to the shocked passengers in full detail!)...'.  The stewardess, her face bright red with embarrassment, rushes up the aisle of the passenger cabin, to be stopped by a sweet little old lady, who says 'no need to hurry, dear, he's going to take you for a meal in a good restaurant first'!

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 14

9 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

THat reminded me of this - Airline Pilots Sketch

• Like 2
  • Funny 3