The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

I drove into a small roadside parking bay, today.  I switched off, got out and locked the car, to be met by a rather aggitated old man [well he was younger than me, but he was still old].

"You can't park there", he shouted as he approached.  Taken by surprise, I looked round, but the car was still there.

"I told you you can't park there", he shouted........

"It's definitely parked, so don't tell me I can't do something I just did", I responded and left while his mouth was still ajar.

Regards

Julian

Edited by jcredfer
  • Like 6

On 06/10/2019 at 11:10, grahame said:

Here's an oldie test to try your hand at:

DSCN1232.JPG.82c3fb7f6e6c353dee928bdc9ca404e5.JPG

WOW - When I joined the North Western Gas Board back in 1969 the test was MUCH harder ---------------

It was printed on cardboard !!

Brit15

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 8

21 hours ago, APOLLO said:

WOW - When I joined the North Western Gas Board back in 1969 the test was MUCH harder ---------------

It was printed on cardboard !!

Brit15

When I started my first post schooling job with the old South Australian Gas Company I was told that I probably would need to sit an aptitude test at the end of my first week. I worried about it all week until the day arrived and I was given a form with "TEST PAPER" in bold print across the top with under that "NOT BY TEARING IT IDIOT!" followed by the question which asked:

"If you were a passenger in a natural gas powered plane and you discovered that the pilot had gone out what would you do?"

Dave R.  

• Like 2
  • Funny 11

Hopefully, the plane is still on the ground or the pilot would be falling through the air?

I assume this is the kind of pilot being discussed, the pilot light not being the object being referred to!

In which case, one should stay seated until either the pilot came back or a new one appears.

Edited by Allegheny1600
Answer question
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 08/10/2019 at 15:20, davefromacrossthepond said:

OK.... Took me a while...but I finally got it!

To be fair it would depend upon whether their legs were over the inside or outside of the boat before performing the roll backwards, this is not indicated and so ought not be assumed.

I hope that makes you feel better !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Back in the day, it was done that way to prevent the mask getting the force of face on entry.  Glass, shape and fit were not quite what they are today, but the idea prevails.  The only problem with the reverse entry , was missing the waiting jaws of the white shark.....   behiiiiind you!!!

Regards

Julian

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

39 minutes ago, BoD said:

A Roman soldier walked into a bar, raised two fingers, and said can I have five pints please.

Had a problem with Numeracy, as there were only four soldiers to have a drink.............

Julian

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A few years after the flood had subsided God paid a visit to Noah and asked him to build a new ark. Noah said he would do so. God then told him he wanted it to have 20 decks to which Noah agreed. God then asked him to fill it with Koi. Noah by this time was getting a bit worried about Gods sanity so he asked him why he wanted it so. God answered "I just fancied a multi-storied Carp Ark."

Hat and coat on and gone..............

• Like 1
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 2