The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

A man was driving down the M5 about 3am doing 100mph when he gets pulled over by the police. 

The officer says in a thick west country accent "do you realise sir how dangerous it is to drive at such a high speeds on this motorway"? 

The driver protests "it's 3am officer there's nobody else on the road I just want to get home" 

The copper says "you think its clear and safe but what if you had come round that bend sir and come across Mr fog"? 

The man smiles and says smugly "I would simply put Mr foot, on Mr brake" 

The copper growls "I SAID MIST, OR FOG"

• RMweb Premium

I went down to the Patent Office trying to register some of my inventions earlier today.

I walked up to the main desk to sign in and the lady pulled out a form to fill out.

She asked for my personal info, wrote it down and then asked me what I had invented.

I said, 'A folding bottle.'

She said, 'Okay. What do you call it?'

'A fottle.'

'What else do you have there?'

'A folding carton.'

'OK, what do you call it?'

'A farton.'

She chuckled and said, 'Those are silly names for products and one of them sounds a bit crude.'

I was so upset by her comment I grabbed the form and left the office without even telling her about my folding bucket...

Edited by Sidecar Racer
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Has anyone checked to see if the new forum software allows words like, , bottom, , bast**d, etc?

Just wondering.

Jamie

EDIT: Well it just deletes them completely now, although the illegitimate child of someone getting through was a surprise so I edited that myself.

Edited by Jamiel
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Jamiel said:

Has anyone checked to see if the new forum software allows words like, , bottom, , bast**d, etc?
<snip>

I seem to remember that Boris had a good go at clogging the **** filter, over on the 'New Forum Software' thread....

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, DIW said:

I seem to remember that Boris had a good go at clogging the **** filter, over on the 'New Forum Software' thread....

Sounds like a good man to me.

Edited by Jamiel
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Bastard is a proper word in the dictionary so that is probably why it is allowed.  The software can't control one's use of a word in context and can't distinguish between the proper use of the word bastard and it's crude use in a derogatory sense.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Bastard is a proper word in the dictionary so that is probably why it is allowed.  The software can't control one's use of a word in context and can't distinguish between the proper use of the word bastard and it's crude use in a derogatory sense.

Not so sure about that.

Didn't the old one prevent you from talking about Cock O' The North despite the word it removed having many 'proper' usages? (We'll see how this one comes out....)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Well, that might be a bit of a b*****d to some!

• Funny 2

Anyway, back on topic - 

Two deaf men are signing to each other.
The first man asks, “What did your wife say when you got home late last night?
The second man replies, “She swore like crazy!”
And the first man asks, “What did you do then?”
And the second man replies, “I turned out the light.”

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 10