The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

• RMweb Premium

UK locos have much shorter distances to travel, pulling much shorter trains :rolleyes: and will be missing certain items such as dynamic brakes equipment.

errr - Class 70s have dynamic brakes - it is used to power onboard auxiliaries or dissipated as heat through the braking resistors. (The cooling fans howl is quite distinctive for a UK loco)

The only British diesel loco I know that had regenerative braking was the class 50.

Pedantic mode on - they are rheostatic brakes. Regen brakes are on electric stock, where the power is regenerated into the supply. Rheo or resistive brakes use resistor banks.

The Voyager units also have resistive braking. The resistor banks are mounted on the roof.

Apologies for being :offtopic:

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Gold

My missus sent me to the doctors to get some of those tablets that help give you an erection.

You should have seen the look on her face when I gave her the diet pills.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

My missus sent me to the doctors to get some of those tablets that help give you an erection.

You should have seen the look on her face when I gave her the diet pills.

You had a quick glance before everything went black?

• RMweb Gold

Crikey. I have never ventured onto this fast thread before. Had expected it to be populated w killer rib-ticklers. Perhaps it is before this page. I'm gonna add one, but first some context.

In the '60s there was an ad campaign by a razor manufacturer - probably Wilkinson Sword - which showed just how keen were their blades. Each ad identified how much use the razor had had making sir into Mr Smooth, with a strapline "and still had five shaves left!"Ok.

A lady, somewhat implausibly, swallowed a razorblade. She not only gave herself a tonsillectomy, appendectomy and hysterectomy, but also circumcised her husband, castrated her lover, took two fingers off a casual acquaintance, gave the vicar a hair-lip - and still had five shaves left!

Edited by Oldddudders
  • Like 2

attended a wedding recently half way through the party the compare looked at all the loving  couples together and said "will all the men please stand next to the person who has made there life worth while "

the barman nearly got crushed to death !

A woman gives birth to identical twin boys and gives them up for adoption.

One of them goes to an Egyptian family and is named, "Amal".

The other goes to a family in Spain who name him, "Juan".

Years later, Juan sends a photo of himself to his natural Mum.

Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband she wished she also had a picture of Amal.

"Dearest," says her husband, "They're identical twins . . .

If you've seen Juan, you've seen Amal!"

• Like 1

I was taking to a on line doctor yesterday because I thought it was strange that every time I see my doctor he wants to check my prostate. He reassured me saying "a man of my age could be considered to be in a high risk group and it's better to be safe than sorry..........I'm still not sure because I saw him this morning and he checked it again while we were in the queue at Tescos!

A man and a woman were sitting beside each other in the first class section of an aeroplane. The woman sneezed, took out a tissue, and wiped her nose, then visibly shuddered for ten to fifteen seconds.

The man went back to his reading. A few minutes later, the woman sneezed again, took out a tissue, wiped her nose, and then shuddered violently once more.

Assuming that the woman might have a cold, the man was still curious about the shuddering. A few more minutes passed when the woman sneezed yet again.

As before, she took out a tissue, wiped her nose, her body shaking even more than before. Unable to restrain his curiosity, the man turned to the woman and said, "I couldn't help but notice that you've sneezed three times, wiped your nose, and then shuddered violently. Are you OK?" The woman replied,

"I am sorry if I disturbed you. I have a very rare medical condition; whenever I sneeze I have an 0r9asm" The man, more than a bit embarrassed, was still curious.

"I have never heard of that condition before," he said. "Are you taking anything for it?" The woman nodded.

"Pepper."

Edited by 28XX
  • Like 1

Just received this back from Channel 4...

On behalf of Channel 4, may I firstly thank you for your application submitted on behalf of your wife for our new upcoming reality TV show. Also the charming photograph you enclosed of your wife. Whilst agreeing that she could make a worthy contribution to the program if selected, I would point out that there appears to be some misunderstanding of the programmes content and the correct title of the series, which is actually, "Fact Hunt".

Kind regards,

Director of Programmes Channel 4.

Edited by luckymucklebackit

On behalf of Channel 4, may I firstly thank you for your application submitted on behalf of your wife for our new upcoming reality TV show. Also the charming photograph you enclosed of your wife. Whilst agreeing that she could make a worthy contribution to the program if selected, I would point out that there appears to be some misunderstanding of the programmes content and the correct title of the series, which is actually, "Fact Hunt".

Kind regards,

Outstanding!!

Kind regards,

I take it your other half doesn't read anything on here then?