The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

• RMweb Premium

Horse racing.

And it's 'Findus Filling' ahead of 'Soon to be Kitekat', followed by 'Iceland Best Beef Steak', and bringing up the field is 'Hooves for Glue', 'Aldi Budget Catfood', 'Horse Steak (what's the problem, its that not that different from beef anyway)' and bringing up the rear 'I'm not jumping that bloody hedge'.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Having been to the fair and seaside the last couple of weeks, I have realised that when I bought my airbrush for modelling, I could have made quite a lot of money doing portraits on the side of rides that look a bit, but not a lot like famous people.

not-jordan2.jpg

Photo from Hull Fair, see: https://cassandraparkin.wordpress.com/2011/10/22/great-moments-in-retailing-hull-fair/

I still can't work out how she's got three arms...

Sometimes it DOES take a Rocket Scientist!! (apparently true story)

Scientists at Rolls Royce built a gun specifically to launch dead chickens at the windshields of airliners and military jets all travelling at maximum velocity.

The idea is to simulate the frequent incidents of collisions with airborne fowl

to test the strength of the windshields.

American engineers heard about the gun and were eager to test it on the Windshields of their new high speed trains.

Arrangements were made, and a gun was sent to the American engineers.

When the gun was fired, the engineers stood shocked as the chicken hurled out of the barrel, crashed into the shatterproof shield, smashed it to smithereens, blasted through the control console, snapped the engineer's back-rest in two and embedded itself in the back wall of the cabin like an arrow shot from a bow..

The horrified Yanks sent Rolls Royce the disastrous results of the experiment, along with the designs of the windshield and begged the British scientists for suggestions.

You're going to love this.......

Rolls Royce responded with a one-line memo:...........

"Defrost the chicken."

Sometimes it DOES take a Rocket Scientist!! (apparently true story)

Scientists at Rolls Royce built a gun specifically to launch dead chickens at the windshields of airliners and military jets all travelling at maximum velocity.

The idea is to simulate the frequent incidents of collisions with airborne fowl

to test the strength of the windshields.

American engineers heard about the gun and were eager to test it on the Windshields of their new high speed trains.

Arrangements were made, and a gun was sent to the American engineers.

When the gun was fired, the engineers stood shocked as the chicken hurled out of the barrel, crashed into the shatterproof shield, smashed it to smithereens, blasted through the control console, snapped the engineer's back-rest in two and embedded itself in the back wall of the cabin like an arrow shot from a bow..

The horrified Yanks sent Rolls Royce the disastrous results of the experiment, along with the designs of the windshield and begged the British scientists for suggestions.

You're going to love this.......

Rolls Royce responded with a one-line memo:...........

"Defrost the chicken."

I think the original version was about British Rail engineers at Derby carrying out initial research into the windscreen strength of the proposed HST-125 sets.....

peterfgf

I think the original version was about British Rail engineers at Derby carrying out initial research into the windscreen strength of the proposed HST-125 sets.....

peterfgf

Whereas in reality I saw what was probably the 'real' set up at Triplex in the '90's, it was surprising how much damage unfrozen chickens had done to the concrete at the end of the range. The beaks and other hard bits had hacked quite a large depression in the wall.

Anyway, back on topic, has anyone told the Altzheimers joke yet?.

Peter

P S You won't believe it but I had to restore the post from Auto saved content because I forgot to post it.

post-18627-0-80189500-1460020341.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

No the wonder we haven't heard the Alzheimer's joke yet.

I thought I had already told you.

Edited by ian

peterfgf

I understood from an HST engineer that they used a brick delivered at 250 mph (the speed of a brick thrown from an HST at another). The windscreen held fine (there may have been a problem with other parts of the front).

The test with a defrosted chicken is the official way to do this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_gun

Paul

• Like 1

Launderette owners son (called Nuts) gets half the female staff in the family way, when his father finds out he does a runner.

Advert in nexts days newspaper by father trying to find son gets put in Ironmongery column by mistake -

'Nuts screws washers and bolts'

Hopefully this has not appeared elsewhere (and if it was me, it was just before the Alzheimers joke...)

A pretty young female (OK, not PC already...) was in need of some spare cash. Deciding against any immoral activity, she opted for some household chores. Knocking at the door of a seemingly prosperous house she was greeted by the owner who, after some discussion, commissioned her to paint his porch for $100. He provided her with brushes and paint, then left her to the job, adding that he would be working in his study so please would she knock on the door to let him know when she was done.

Two hours later she knocked on the door, a little spattered in paint, but otherwise seemingly done with her task. The owner asked her if she found it difficult, but she replied with a smile;

"Oh, no it was easy. I had plenty of paint so I gave it two coats!"

The owner handed over the $100 and was about to inspect his newly painted porch as she turned to leave. Pausing for a moment she added:

"By the way, it's not a porch. It's a Ferrari."

Edited by EHertsGER

A policeman in Birmingham pulled over a driver who had been weaving in and out of the traffic.

He approached the car window and said, "Sir I need you to blow into this breathalyser."

The man reaches into his pocket and produces a doctor's note.

On it was written: "This man suffers from chronic asthma. Do not make him perform any action that may leave him short of breath."

The policeman said, "Okay then I need you to come and give a blood sample."

The man produced another letter.

This one said: "This man is a haemophiliac. Please do not cause him to bleed in any way."

So the officer said: "Right, I need a urine sample then."

The man produces a third letter from his pocket.
It read: "This man plays Football for Aston Villa , please don't take the piss out of him”

Bad accident at an adventure playground earlier. A boy in round glasses and a white cowboy suit was playing on the climbing equipment when it collapsed, pinning him to the ground. Fortunately a bystander heard him call out, "The monkey bars are on me..."

• Like 1