The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

• RMweb Premium

Maria and John took their six-year-old son to the doctor.  With some hesitation, they explained that although their little angel appeared to be in good health, they were concerned about his rather small .

After examining the child, the doctor confidently declared, “Just feed him pancakes.  That should solve the problem.”

The next morning when the boy arrived at breakfast, there was a large stack of warm pancakes in the middle of the table.

“My God, Mum,” he exclaimed, “all for me?”

“Just take two,” Mum replied. 

“The rest are for your father.”

Maria and John took their six-year-old son to the doctor.  With some hesitation, they explained that although their little angel appeared to be in good health, they were concerned about his rather small ######.

After examining the child, the doctor confidently declared, “Just feed him pancakes.  That should solve the problem.”

The next morning when the boy arrived at breakfast, there was a large stack of warm pancakes in the middle of the table.

“My God, Mum,” he exclaimed, “all for me?”

“Just take two,” Mum replied. 

“The rest are for your father.”

When comics were taking this joke round the Working Men's Clubs of South Yorkshire back in the Sixties, the virile member-enhancing food was bread and dripping. I don't think that pancakes would have done the trick in these parts (or those parts).

• Like 2

Little girl comes running into the kitchen crying.

"Mummy, mummy I need some cider"

"What do you want cider for my dear, you are only eight years old" replies her mother

"I pricked my hand on a thorn bush" says the little girl

"But why do you want cider" asks mother

"Well" says the girl "my older sister says that when she gets a prick in her hand she can't wait to get it in cider"

a man walks into a bar..

he sits down, the bartender looks at him. "you look awful mate"

"yeah, i just got thrown out of the house by my wife on my daughters birthday"

"so what did you do this time?"

"i only did what she said, to buy my daughter a teddy bear.. how was i supposed to know she meant the fluffy kind and not a class 14!"

Reminds me of the story about the guy who dropped a tub of low fat spread on his foot.

The doctor told him to rub some of the spread on it every day and to come back and visit him in a week.

A week later the guy visits the doctor again and says it still hurts.

"Oh," says the doctor. "I can't believe it's not better."

I would like a return ticket.

Where to?

Back here of course.

As I work in a ticket office, that isn't actually that far from the truth sometimes.  I get asked for things like a "single, to London only, but with the underground too, coming back later today, for two people - oh and can I also use the buses".  Yep, day travelcard (which some people still call a Capitalcard).  Or, I'd like to go to Portsmouth - right, what way do you want to go (via Barnham, or via Clapham Junction in this example) and they think about it then say "by train please". 

It's fun.

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

As I work in a ticket office, that isn't actually that far from the truth sometimes.  I get asked for things like a "single, to London only, but with the underground too, coming back later today, for two people - oh and can I also use the buses".  Yep, day travelcard (which some people still call a Capitalcard).  Or, I'd like to go to Portsmouth - right, what way do you want to go (via Barnham, or via Clapham Junction in this example) and they think about it then say "by train please". 

It's fun.

Many years ago did some booking office work and whenever a blue rinse came to the window and said "Return to Eastbourne" we'd mutter "Really...are you sure about that"

• RMweb Premium

I can remember someone getting on a train at Reading one time and asking "Is this the train from London to Waterloo?"

Everyone knows London is Paddington!

Having worked in London Underground ticket offices for twelve years you would not believe what some people can ask for. Best one recently was a customer who had checked the price online a month earlier and could not understand why the advance fare he claimed he had seen was not available ten minutes before the train departed. The interesting thing is that the route concerned does not have advance fares!