The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

Yes, at the moment it reads like a question from "Blankety Blank"...

"My ex girlfriend recently asked how I viewed ###### relationships?

Don't think "in HD " was the answer she was looking for"

1.) The ex implies that she broke up with him after he responded.
2.) It's s3xuaI relationships

3.) "In HD" is a reference to, well, naughty stuff that the internet is full of.

Edited by TheSoutherner

• RMweb Premium

My ex girlfriend recently asked how I viewed ###### relationships ?

Don't think "in HD " was the answer she was looking for

Peanuts

That's brilliant - go to the top of the class.

1/ A joke that is still funny despite (or perhaps because of) being censored.

2/ Some people think they've missed the joke, due to censorship & have to ask.

3/ These responses, are even funnier than the original joke.

Well done!

Just shows how ridiculous the censorship software is which is a joke in itself. The word can be found in the dictionary and I even have a couple of reference books with it in the title.

the word you are all looking for is very similar to librarian and describes same sex relationships between women ! hope that helps a few on here 

• Like 1

the word you are all looking for is very similar to librarian and describes same sex relationships between women ! hope that helps a few on here 

There are social networking sites out there whose postings are such that, were I to copy and paste them into RMweb, they would appear as near-solid masses of hash-marks. Obviously some sensible filtration of potentially offensive terms is a good thing, but the present debate brings up one of the anomalies in the system. I was sure that I'd seen the word in question in these forums - including the jokes thread - but a few minutes experimenting showed that whereas ###### (the singular) is blocked, lesbians (the plural) is not.

So there you have it. One ###### bad; two or more lesbians good, and  we can have as many lesbians as we like, as long as each has at least one chum.

Don't worry - I got the gist of the joke in question, and even with the #####, it was rather amusing. It's just that what I found funniest was that, in their haste to cut and paste whatever they've just found on the internet, not everyone actually hits "preview" to see whether their gem will be censored into oblivion. And I could tell that this particular joke had been cut and pasted, not simply thought up on the spot, because it contained capital letters.

Just a thought, though, as we're all having a jolly good laugh at the auto-censor's expense - is it being censored for a reason? Could it possibly be that, on a child-friendly model railway-themed website, the PTBs don't necessarily consider adult humour an essential part of the members' contributions?

Edited by Steve K

I thought that the number of # matched the number of letters in the censored word? There are six # in the above, and ###### is seven?

Edit - it would appear that it maxes out at six. Lets try ######

Nope  - it seems you get six no matter how long the word is. No wonder I was struggling to guess which word was actually used, it was taking some time to work through my vocabulary of censored six letter words...

Edited by Titan

So there you have it. One ###### bad; two or more lesbians good

Dave47549, on 31 Jan 2015 -11:23, said that:

So there you have it. One ###### bad; two or more #######s good

Erm, they're not going to have much fun on their own, are they?  :friends:

I quite agree, Dave, but please don't misquote me.

Don't worry - I got the gist of the joke in question, and even with the #####, it was rather amusing. It's just that what I found funniest was that, in their haste to cut and paste whatever they've just found on the internet, not everyone actually hits "preview" to see whether their gem will be censored into oblivion. And I could tell that this particular joke had been cut and pasted, not simply thought up on the spot, because it contained capital letters.

Just a thought, though, as we're all having a jolly good laugh at the auto-censor's expense - is it being censored for a reason? Could it possibly be that, on a child-friendly model railway-themed website, the PTBs don't necessarily consider adult humour an essential part of the members' contributions?

The preview button doesn't necessarily show the censorship. Personally, I always post and if the censor strikes, then I edit the post and use alternative methods of spelling the word so the meaning doesn't get lost.

OK, I'm an4l, but details matter to me!

Phil

• Like 1

Sad Story out of Toronto Canada 

A seven-year-old boy was at the center of a Toronto

courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should

have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents

and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child

custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the

degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more

than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her.

When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that

they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that

domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took

the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have

custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with

child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Toronto

Maple Leafs, whom the boy firmly believes is not capable of beating anyone.

• RMweb Premium

Even with all the explanations, I still don't understand what Hornby Dublo has to do with it.

A secondary school teacher was arrested today at London's Heathrow International airport as he attempted to board an international flight while in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a pair of compasses, a slide-rule and a calculator.

At a press conference, a UK Border Control spokesman said he believes the man is a member of the notorious extremist Al-Gebra movement. He did not identify the man, who has been charged by the Police with carrying weapons of maths instruction.

'Al-Gebra is a problem for us', the Spokesman said. 'They derive solutions by means and extremes, and sometimes go off on tangents in search of absolute values.' They use secret code names like "X" and "Y" and refer to themselves as "unknowns;" but we have determined that they belong to a common denominator of the axis of medieval with coordinates in every country. As the Greek philosopher Isosceles used to say, "There are three sides to every triangle.”

When asked to comment on the arrest, Opposition Leader Ed Milliband said,"If God had wanted us to have better weapons of maths instruction, He would have given us more fingers and toes." Fellow Labour colleagues told reporters they could not recall a more intelligent or profound statement by the Opposition Leader.

• RMweb Premium

A secondary school teacher was arrested today at London's Heathrow International airport as he attempted to board an international flight while in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a pair of compasses, a slide-rule and a calculator.

A slide rule? How many teachers would carry such an item these days? A history teacher?

The elderly priest, speaking to the younger priest, said, 'You had a good idea to replace the first four pews with plush bucket theatre seats. It worked like a charm. The front of the church always fills first now.'

The young priest nodded, and the old priest continued, 'And you told me adding a little more beat to the music would bring young people back
to church, so I supported you when you brought in that Rock 'n Roll Gospel Choir. Now our services are consistently packed to the balcony.'

'Thank you, Father,' answered the young priest. 'I am pleased that you are open to the New Ideas of Youth.'

'All of these ideas have been well and good,' said the elderly priest, 'But I'm afraid you've gone too far with the Drive-thru Confessional.'

'But Father,' protested the young priest, 'my confessions and the donations have nearly doubled since I began that!'

'Yes,' replied the elderly priest, 'and I appreciate that.... But the flashing neon sign, 'Toot 'n Tell or Go to Hell' cannot stay on the church roof.

So there you have it. One ###### bad; two or more lesbians good, and we can have as many lesbians as we like, as long as each has at least one chum.

Looks like the censoring filter on here has made a hash of it....

Getting coat...

Minding door doesn't hit ass on way out...

:jester:

Edited by Norm81
  • Like 1

On his first day at the Nudist Colony Sid takes off his clothes, and starts to wander around.

A gorgeous petite blonde walks by, and Sid immediately gets an erection. The woman notices his erection, comes over to him and says, 'Did you call for me?'Sid replies, 'No, what do you mean?'

She says, 'You must be new here. Let me explain. It's a rule here that if you get an erection, it implies you called for me.' Smiling, she leads him to the side of the swimming pool, lies down on a towel, eagerly pulls him to her and happily lets him have his way with her.

Sid continues to explore the nudist colony's facilities. He enters the sauna and, as he sits down, he farts....

Within minutes, a huge, hairy man lumbers out of the steam-room toward him, 'Did you call for me?' says the hairy man. 'No, what do you mean?' says Sid.

'You must be new,' says the hairy man, 'it's a rule that if you fart, it implies that you called for me.' The huge man easily spins him around, bends him over a bench and has his way with him.

Then Sid staggers back to the colony office, where he is greeted by the smiling, naked receptionist, 'May I help you?' she says.

Sid yells, 'Here's my membership card. You can have the key back and you can keep the £400 membership fee.'

'But, Sir,' she replies, 'you've only been here for a few hours. You haven't had the chance to see all our facilities.'

Sid replies, 'Listen lady, I'm 75 years old. I only get an erection once a month, but I fart 35 times a day!!'

• Like 2