The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

Following the previous few comments about inappropriateness of humour, I thought I would pass on a story told to me by a friend who has now returned to his homeland, Nigeria, because he was sick and tired of some citizens of this country hiding behind "racism" when it suited them.

A plane was flying across the Atlantic when one of the engines started giving trouble, The Captain came on the intercom: "Ladies and gentlemen, we have a problem with one of the engines and we need to use less power. To accomplish this, we're going to lessen the load by getting people to jump out of the plane with parachute and life jacket, and we think the fairest way of doing this is by choosing nationalities alphabetically, so are there any Africans on the plane?"

Needless to say, silence.

After a few seconds of silence, the Captain asked "Are there any blacks on the plane?"

Still silence.

After a few seconds more, the Captain asks "Are the any co*ns on the plane?"

A few seconds later, the voice of a young child was heard asking "Daddy, aren't we African, aren't we black, aren't we co*ns?"

Daddy's voice replied "No son, today we are w*gs.

Please bear in mind that if you offended by this, the person who told me this joke was himself African and black and quite happy to be called a co*n - he didn't take offence so why should you?

Phil

Edited by PGC

• RMweb Gold

The joke was removed because it was "totally inappropriate"

Khris 

Yes a post was removed as it was totally inappropriate for even a jokes forum on this site.

No one mentioned it as being racist. 

Following the previous few comments about inappropriateness of humour, I thought I would pass on a story told to me by a friend who has now returned to his homeland, Nigeria, because he was sick and tired of some citizens of this country hiding behind "racism" when it suited them.

*snip*

Phil

I like it, I can see the pure humour in it, that's why!

Similarly, I've heard some of the most outrageous, funny but racist Irish jokes, told to me by, . . . . an Irishman!

I often call myself, take the Pi** out of myself - it's called not taking yourself too seriously.

Cheers,

John E.

• RMweb Premium

Khris 

Yes a post was removed as it was totally inappropriate for even a jokes forum on this site.

Simon 

It was not your joke in post 2266 that was an issue. 

I think most of this confusion results from a post being totally removed, with the next posting taking over its numeric spot.

Is it possible to remove a post, but leave in place a place holder with a marker, that includes its number? Also 'Post removed by a moderator' - reason optional.

Of course, delete any information that identifies the poster of the removed post.

I did post a 'sensitive' joke that played on the connection of words. I posted afterwards an undertaking to remove it if anyone found it offensive, on the premise that if you ask, it will be removed.

I was, however, censored by an anonymous party instead. Open communication pointing out sensitive areas is one thing but to hide behind a moral standpoint that is obscured to the rest of us and arbitrarily pronounce on what is and is not suited to one person's viewpoint is unacceptable. It is also rude, cowardly and says more about the mentality of the censor than anything else.

So, a sense of proportion and recognition of personal responsibility rather than arbitrary, anonymous policing please. We are grown ups, or so I am assured.

Did you hear the one about the railway modeller who told a joke....?

Best,

Marcus

Edited by EHertsGER

I think most of this confusion results from a post being totally removed, with the next posting taking over its numeric spot.

Is it possible to remove a post, but leave in place a place holder with a marker, that includes its number? Also 'Post removed by a moderator' - reason optional.

Of course, delete any information that identifies the poster of the removed post.

We rarely delete a post but usually hide it from public view so that members of the Admin team can still refer to it and its context. The only way to leave a post in place whilst removing content would be to edit the contents which then does not keep a copy on the system. 

Whilst I am here I will remind all that just because this is a 'Jokes' thread within wheeltappers the main forum rules still apply.  Also what one person might not find offensive does not mean that others won't or shouldn't be offended.

It should also be noted that membership of this forum starts from the impressionable age of 13.

We will always err on the side of caution in such matters as to cause minimum offence. 

Thank you

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

The joke in post 2282 seems to be the shortened and sanitized version.

The full fat version is not suitable for publication on this forum as it goes some way through the alphabet quoting a religion for m and the punch line being a word starting with n.

Bernard

There is an even longer version that goes right through the alphabet and ends with the line "Today we are Zulus..

Edited by Bernard Lamb

We rarely delete a post but usually hide it from public view so that members of the Admin team can still refer to it and its context. The only way to leave a post in place whilst removing content would be to edit the contents which then does not keep a copy on the system. 

Whilst I am here I will remind all that just because this is a 'Jokes' thread within wheeltappers the main forum rules still apply.  Also what one person might not find offensive does not mean that others won't or shouldn't be offended.

It should also be noted that membership of this forum starts from the impressionable age of 13.

We will always err on the side of caution in such matters as to cause minimum offence. 

Thank you

In the event of moderation, could you please let the OP know they have transgressed our rules (for they are ours by association and agreement, in that we undertake to abide by them)? That would clear up a lot of confusion.

Otherwise, can another contributor remove a members entry?

*Joke*

Please bear in mind that if you offended by this, the person who told me this joke was himself African and black and quite happy to be called a co*n - he didn't take offence so why should you?

Phil

I also have among my friends one who is black, who came to the UK as a small boy. At school in the 50s, he, along with the rest of our social group, told jokes involving racial stereotypes. We're both rather old now for such behaviour, and I don't now regard his having told me those jokes as an excuse to post them on a social networking site, possibly to be reiterated  elsewhere.

In the event of moderation, could you please let the OP know they have transgressed our rules (for they are ours by association and agreement, in that we undertake to abide by them)? That would clear up a lot of confusion.

Otherwise, can another contributor remove a members entry?

The very nature of the fact that a post has been moderated is enough to provide notification that rules have been transgressed. The rules of the forum again are here and acceptance of membership to the forum implies acceptance of the rules.

We generally do not have the time to individually inform a member of moderation (unless it is a major transgression)  as experience has shown this usually ends up in an unnecessary long drawn out conversation instead of simple acceptance. 

Other than actual poster only the admin team can edit or remove a members post (which we do not do lightly) if a post does cause a member an issue, simply use the report button to highlight to which ever member of the Admin team is available.

Right i'm going back to talking to the mice...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I have received a PM which contained the removed joke. It was too close to the bone regarding the current situation in Gaza.

The joke in post 2282 seems to be the shortened and sanitized version.

Bernard, the joke that I was advised of by PM is not the joke in post 2282.  As I said in my post quoted, it was too close to the bone regarding the current position at Gaza. Post 2282 has nothing to do with Gaza.

Edited by Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Gold

kandc_au you disagreed with my post No2283, yet the only person who mentioned racism was yourself in post No 2274 where you appear to be defending the joke. It was also you who sent me the removed joke by PM. I am wondering if you posted the joke. I don't know as I did not see the original, but I think you protest too much.

Anyway,. back on topic: Why did the chicken cross the road?...... To get to the other side. Ha Ha

A few days after her husband's death, a grieving widow accidentally receives an e-mail from a man waiting for his wife in Miami.

The e-mail reads:

Dearest Wife,

Just got checked in. Everything prepared for your arrival tomorrow.

P.S. Sure is hot down here.

Little Johnny is back:

A teacher was teaching her second grade class about the government, so for homework that one day, she told her her students to ask their parents what the government is.

When Little Johnny got home that day, he went up to his dad and ask his what the government was.

His dad thought for a while and answered, ''Look at it this way: I'm the president, your mom is Congress, your maid is the work force, you are the people and your baby brother is the future.''

''I still don't get it'' responded the Little Johnny.

''Why don't you sleep on it then? Maybe you'll understand it better,'' said the dad.

''Okay then...good night'' said Little Jonny went off to bed. In the middle of the night, Little Johnny was awakened by his baby brother's crying. He went to his baby brother's crib and found that his baby brother had taken a crap in his diaper. So Little Johnny went to his parent's room to get help. When he got to his parent's bedroom, he looked through the keyhole to check if his parents were asleep. Through the keyhole he saw his mom loudly snoring, but his dad wasn't there. So he went to the maid's room. When he looked through the maid's room keyhole, he saw his dad having sex with his maid. Little Johnny was surprised, but then he just realized something and thinks aloud, ''OH!! Now I understand the government! The President is screwing the work force, Congress is fast asleep, nobody cares about the people, and the future is full of s**t!''