Mickleover, Derby. Sat 16th January

Mike Bellamy

• RMweb Premium

The Trent Valley Area Group of the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association are holding a 'Members' Day' at Mickleover Community Centre on Saturday 16th January. The highlight will be our O16.5 layout Henmore - we have to hire the Community Centre to set it up as the layout is so big (as visitors to Wigan last month may have seen). There will also be a couple of other layouts as well which are both being exhibited for the first time.

Phil Traxson from Port Wynnstay Models will be demonstrating resin casting (although he seems to spend most of the time answering questions). Paul Martin from EDM Models will have a DCC sound demonstration on a rolling road (not the full test track this year) but again most of the time gets taken up with questions. There will also be a demonstration of building buildings(!) by David Wright as featured recently in Railway Modeller and on a new DVD production.

Port Wynnstay will have their full range of both narrow and standard gauge stock available along with other kits and architectural items for buildings. EDM stock the full range of Chivers O16.5 and On30 wagon kits and Bachmann On30, as well as stock from many other US suppliers such as Stoney Creek, Banta, PSC and other hard to get items from USA. Paul stocks DCC from Lenz, NCE and Soundtraxx.

The 7mm NGA Sales stand will be there with a range of modelling goods including Peco NG stock and Kadee couplings, Publications and Second Hand Sales. There will also be member's 'bring and buy' sales.

Full details are available on the EDM web site (thanks Paul) complete with public transport information and maps. You can also see photos of the Henmore layout and the previous event to see what to expect. A 'voluntary donation' of ??3 is suggested to cover the cost of the hall. Thanks to Mary and Sylvia, bacon cobs and jacket potatoes will be available. All welcome (we need the money :D )

http://www.ngtrains.com/Pages/Admin/Shows/tvg3.htm

Hope to see some of you there

Mike :icon_wave:

• RMweb Premium

While to forum is working :D I thought it might be a good idea to bump this back to the top of the list. Although advertised as a 7mmNG event, there are a few other things to interest others - for example Port Wynnstay have 7mm standard gauge wagons and architectural items. As well as On30, EDM Models have HOn3 stock and track as well as DCC equipment that suits any scale or gauge. Association Sales carry the full range of Evergreen plastic strip and sheets so it's not all 7mmNG (just most of it :D )

Hope to see you Saturday

Mike

• RMweb Premium

That reminds me. Must get some corn beef saturday............................................................laugh.gif

Come along on Saturday Steve - you might be surprised to find that not all narrow gauge modellers make their locos out of old corn beef tins :rolleyes: - in fact Mary will be in the kitchen washing out the baked bean tins for me to use and drying out the tea bags for ballast :D

Mike

• RMweb Gold

i called in on my way home from work, first time i've seen henmore, absolutly awesome layout, bought some bits and bobs off the bring and buy stand and i ended up buying part of the layout too, the flour mill module on henmore is being replaced so i bought it as a stand alone unit!!

i've got to raise some funds to buy the 09 gauge stock that goes with the module but i'm loking forward to getting it and adding my touches to it as funds permit

thanks mike and gang for an enjoyable morning, might have to join the 7mm NG group now though!!

• RMweb Premium

i called in on my way home from work, first time i've seen henmore, absolutly awesome layout, bought some bits and bobs off the bring and buy stand and i ended up buying part of the layout too, the flour mill module on henmore is being replaced so i bought it as a stand alone unit!!

i've got to raise some funds to buy the 09 gauge stock that goes with the module but i'm loking forward to getting it and adding my touches to it as funds permit

thanks mike and gang for an enjoyable morning, might have to join the 7mm NG group now though!!

Good to meet you again Big Jim - and thanks for your contribution to the layout extension fund - Tim has plans for another 16ft which will take it to the other end of the room. When I first saw you you said you would only be there for a short while as you were on your way home from work - several hours later you were still there and the proud owner of a layout :O

We had about 65 visitors and around 20 directly involved with the layouts, trade or demonstrations which beats last year. We have already had another layout offered for next year and so at this rate we will need to open up the end room as well.

Everyone seems to agree that the day was made even better by having the catering, I know the ladies had several people thank them and I almost managed to sell all the jacket potatoes :D . So far no complaints, except Mary with a bad back from standing all day (I know how she feels) but she has already started planning the menu and supplies needed for next year.

Good to see such support from RMweb - there were at least 10 there who are also members here :icon_thumbsup2:

Mike

I sneaked away from SWMBO for a couple of hours at Mickleover. Impressive if small collection of layouts, Star of the show for me was Henmore, and I particularly liked the mill section, Did not know it had been sold that afternoon!

Well worth the visit.

Thank you for putting on a great day, and it's in my diary for next year! A very big thank you to Paul at NGtrains for sparing me so much of his time and knowledge, especially considering it was packing up timeand my level of knowledge was zero - nothing was too much trouble, a massive thank you Paul.

I so was overwhelmed by the support and help bestowed by so many on the day I got my cheque book out and joined the 7mmnga - well done Tim.

Thanks again to everyone for such an enjoyable afternoon - put it in your diary for next year if you're into NG, it's well worth a visit!

Andy

Thank you for putting on a great day, and it's in my diary for next year! A very big thank you to Paul at NGtrains for sparing me so much of his time and knowledge, especially considering it was packing up timeand my level of knowledge was zero - nothing was too much trouble, a massive thank you Paul.

I so was overwhelmed by the support and help bestowed by so many on the day I got my cheque book out and joined the 7mmnga - well done Tim.

Thanks again to everyone for such an enjoyable afternoon - put it in your diary for next year if you're into NG, it's well worth a visit!

Andy

Glad to know you enjoyed yourself on Saturday,hope to see at our next meeting at the Brunswick on the 18/02/10 :D

Archived