Micro-trains announce SW1500 in N

Dear Jack,

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

OK, so maybe that was a little bit of an over-reaction, but dang, this was always the one loco that I said to myself could _just_ tip me over the edge to modelling in N.

That the SW1500 is possibly my fave diesel loco is a significant driver, the roster of stashed HO SW1500s would be the obvious stumbling blocks but nothing that can't be worked around... ;-)

The blurb says "AAR trucked versions first", which says to me IHB and some of the shortline options.

UPY (hello Oregon City/Blue Heron Paper in N!), SP, Apalachicola Northern, California Central Traction, Modesto and Empire Traction options will all have to wait until the flexcoil trucked versions appear...

I can't hardly wait...

Happy Modelling,
Aim to Improve,
Prof Klyzlr

Hi John - glad I have made your day - shame that it involves waiting till the end of the year - but it does allow time for track designing, car collections and cogitating! It will also allow thoughts of micros in boxfiles, APA boxes, and similar areas - and for getting those armchair modellers. whose excuse has always been " No space, No space!", off their duffs and building!!! Having N scale 44 and 70 tonners, and with 1500s to come, removes all trace of excuses

Cynical me would suggest this will be a new shell on the Walthers/LifeLike SW8/9/600/900/1200 chassis.I would consider it unlikely that MT would go for an all-new loco. I hope I'm wrong, since the LifeLike chassis is a bit DCC unfriendly.

Adrian

Archived