The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

For those interested in old cars.

DDolfelin

I took this picture locally today. It's a Chevy Impala coupe with a 427 Cu. In. engine. I didn't take any more details at the time, but since I've tried to identify it further, I've a suspicion that it may possibly be something a bit more exclusive than that. I'll leave it to people more knowledgeable than myself to say exactly what it is.

post-1771-0-51118600-1529124795.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

I took this picture locally today. It's a Chevy Impala coupe with a 427 Cu. In. engine. I didn't take any more details at the time, but since I've tried to identify it further, I've a suspicion that it may possibly be something a bit more exclusive than that. I'll leave it to people more knowledgeable than myself to say exactly what it is.

attachicon.gifIMG_20180615_180147789.jpg

Ruined by those awful wheels and tyres.

.....and paused at a give way as a pedestrian crossed the road!

Very gentlemanly villain!

Not to mention the poor old Austin A40 that got chopped up twice, from different directions?

Is it my sound system, or does that Volvo sound awfully rough?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifIMG_20180615_180147789.jpg

Possibly a 1963 Impala SS Z11 but the badge behind the front wheel should just have the two flags. I don't like the wheels either.

Edited by petethemole
  • Like 1

That is one gorgeous car..... I've only ever seen a couple.

When I was in my early teens in the early 70s, we has two IDs, one after the other- which were wonderful cars - but that decap....

• Like 1

I'll try not to set this one on fire Horsefan!

Maybe if you do you can have a whip round from other Chapron owners who might like to express their gratitude for making their cars even more exclusive ;).

• Like 1

Spotted on the road this afternoon while I was driving back from the dump (no camera):

- one of those open wheel, space frame devices with a massive wing on the back

- a perfect condition Wolseley 1300 in dark gray. Not seen one of them in years.

steve

• Like 2