The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

For those interested in old cars.

DDolfelin

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, Rugd1022 said:

Silent footage of the traffic in the Kings Road, Chelsea in 1967, including glimpses of the famous hip swinging fab gear emporium 'Granny Takes A Trip'.... spot the white E-Type roadster and the white Alfa Giulia SS behind it....

Good film obviously made by some kind of pervert/peeping tom! Surprised the way he was filming some blokes girlfriend he wasn't still carrying the camera but with both hands free and a detailed film of his colon. And up skirting that plastic dummy.

Excellent car shots , never seen a mini with the spare wheel on the boot lid before. 

You also forget that classic British sports cars were once owned by tw#ts seeing the TR4 full of hooray henries 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
On 15/08/2020 at 14:38, russ p said:

Surprised the way he was filming some blokes girlfriend he wasn't still carrying the camera but with both hands free and a detailed film of his colon. And up skirting that plastic dummy.

If you mean at about 2:20, I can only say, "Err, don't fancy yours much, mate".

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

That last ad seems to imply that Conti TS radials must be so awful that no one wants to even steal them.

Indeed, I thought it not the cleverest advert ever.....

I remember the Mini Dunlop 70 ad though as at the time I also had a Cooper S with the same tyres.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Rugd1022 said:

Great but cheesy ad for the Mk2 Capri featuring Martin Shaw....!

What’s cheesy with that?

I often get something in my eye :lol:

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Found this lovely old film made in 1963 of a car drive to Bath. There's no car sound but there is commentary. Drivers haven't changed. Unfortunately it's only at 240p

Edited by faulcon1
  • Like 7

16 minutes ago, faulcon1 said:

Found this lovely old film made in 1963 of a car drive to Bath. There's no car sound but there is commentary. Drivers have changed. Unfortunately it's only at 240p

TBH, my take from that film is that drivers haven't changed, there are just more of them. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

My take of it was....nice commentary drive, good use of vocabulary....explanations for a certain course of action, concise and correct...{sorry, I'm retired now, but I used to mess with such stuff, and get paid for it}...

Not only does the human element of driving not change [increased numbers, as Pat mentioned] but I doubt very much whether anything but the tiniest percentage of drivers on the roads actually go through the same thought processes, and considerations,heard on the commentary.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

Some cars don't have a full sized spare wheel now, but didn't realise you could just get a half wheel 

I bet that is clostrophobic in the back or is there a king size bed in there 

Beautiful condition though 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, steve1 said:

Not yer average garden ornament...

steve

602C47D0-E7C7-4F13-84FF-08445FA8E8A8.jpeg

25816FDB-32C2-4D4D-9792-7470267411A8.jpeg

54 minutes ago, MJI said:

What is it?

13 minutes ago, BernardTPM said:

Lincoln Continental Mk.IV  1975-9.

Matchbox did one.

Nice colour, shame about the car.

So did Tomica, a far better model than the Matchbox one.

image.png.f0327e4de0e66563da2245aa4e77f7fd.png

Its also to 1/77 scale so ideal for 00 scale layouts. It came in several colours including white over maroon as above. I have two examples in my collection, the white over maroon as mentioned and the white over yellow as illustrated. 

• Informative/Useful 2