The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

For those interested in old cars.

DDolfelin

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, PatB said:

Goodness me, an FB Victor Estate. Well spotted :D

In my last couple of years at skool, I had a Sunday job - in Summer! - selling ice-creams from a roadside perch. An insulated box, an umbrella, a bin. The proprietor took me to various Surrey beauty spots and left me there for the afternoon. He had an FB estate. 

• Like 6

Sadly, I have had to sell my old (Australian) Ford Falcon recently. I am getting too arthritic to look after it and do the minor repair jobs it needs. The car was/is a 1973 XB model hardtop (i.e. 2-door coupe) which has been appreciating in value in recent years. I have had it for longer than I have been married - over 34 years - and it was already 12 years old when I bought it. It was still fully registered, mechanically sound, and roadworthy (just! There were a few minor issues such as a corroded rear light fitting.) when I sold it.

Anyway, it has gone to a good home with a friend who will spend the money needed to bring it back to a really presentable condition.

48965924733_0938275707_b.jpg
P_20190806_165635_vHDR_On-Obscured by Jeffrey Lynn, on Flickr

48966469871_668d60f434_b.jpg
P_20190806_165658_vHDR_On-Obscured by Jeffrey Lynn, on Flickr

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 5

Driving back home to Sydney from Canberra this afternoon along the Hume Motorway, near the Illawarra highway turnoff, I passed, of all things, a Lancia Aprilia.  I thought it was a Jowett Javelin at first, when I saw it from a distance, but, when I was closer, I realised what it was.  It's been a long time since I've seen one of them......

Edited by Wolseley
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

In my last couple of years at skool, I had a Sunday job - in Summer! - selling ice-creams from a roadside perch. An insulated box, an umbrella, a bin. The proprietor took me to various Surrey beauty spots and left me there for the afternoon. He had an FB estate. 

I bet you feasted well on ice cream when he'd gone...;)

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Wolseley said:

Driving back home to Sydney from Canberra this afternoon along the Hume Motorway, near the Illawarra highway turnoff, I passed, of all things, a Lancia Aprilia.  I thought it was a Jowett Javelin at first, when I saw it from a distance, but, when I was closer, I realised what it was.  It's been a long time since I've seen one of them......

When I lived in Burnham-on-Crouch I used to see a late 40's Lancia Aprilla used as a daily driver. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, peanuts said:

A bit lot beyond my wallet but I took a look at what else was on offer. One item caught my eye was an ex-BR goods van sans running gear and buffers etc. nicely converted to a den/man cave advertised as free! (Whether it is or not is another matter.) It is based at Colchester. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

If the description is to be believed, that’s a nice looking buy for somebody......needs a respray, if only just for the colour :lol:

34 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

A bit lot beyond my wallet but I took a look at what else was on offer. One item caught my eye was an ex-BR goods van sans running gear and buffers etc. nicely converted to a den/man cave advertised as free! (Whether it is or not is another matter.) It is based at Colchester. 

get your lottery on tonight eh 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, steve1 said:

What's the Italian with flip lights in the last frame please? Some sort of Lamborghini?

steve

It's an Iso Lele Coupe Steve, styling by Bertone with a lumping great American V8 under the bonnet - the styling has touches of the Lamborghini Espada and Jarama in places ;).

ISO LELE giallo.jpg

ISO LELE shoot.jpg

Edited by Rugd1022
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, steve1 said:

Local garage this morning.

steve

8D437294-BAD2-4C0A-9FD6-4721CD82858A.jpeg

Ghia were very good at designing the soft top, but Geoff (the liaison design engineer at Ford) had a few issues with them after, trying to get the hood to stop leaking......apparently they don’t have so much rain in Italy as Essex :lol:

Edited by boxbrownie
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Ghia were very good at designing the soft top, but Geoff (the liaison design engineer at Ford) had a few issues with them after, trying to get the hood to stop leaking......apparently they don’t have so much rain in Italy as Essex :lol:

Is there any truth in rumours of the time that hood is an adapted golf one?

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, russ p said:

Is there any truth in rumours of the time that hood is an adapted golf one?

None what so ever.......but it was designed by the same team at Ghia, so it has obvious similarities.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2