The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

For those interested in old cars.

DDolfelin

Came across this earlier today. I think it looks good:

JoolsCar_650x412.jpg

An interesting idea for a replica.

steve

Illegal then? No tax disc displayed on the windscreen (What windscreen?). Still, it will be ok in October!

Stewart

edit: My mistake, there is a windscreen just visible, rather useless though? And the tax disc is displayed on it. My apologies for missing that!

Edited by stewartingram

• RMweb Premium

Illegal then? No tax disc displayed on the windscreen (What windscreen?). Still, it will be ok in October!

Stewart

edit: My mistake, there is a windscreen just visible, rather useless though? And the tax disc is displayed on it. My apologies for missing that!

another railway modeller!!

Jonathan a Meteor is a Merlin re-engineered for use in the Centurion Main Battle Tank......

Baz

Came across this earlier today. I think it looks good:

JoolsCar_650x412.jpg

An interesting idea for a replica.

Actually quite redolent of Rover's experimental cars, such as the gas turbine "JET 1". I like to think that Rover themselves might have designed a body like this. Even Jools Holland looks strangely appropriate in the driving seat.

Reliant Kittens used to be sold with Perspex windows to stay below the weight limit and they were 4 wheeled.  Ligier Micro-Cars, same deal.  Motor Tricycle was only written as such where the vehicle was a three wheeler. It is not a necessity for driving on a Motorcycle licence.  Far more can be read on the Reliant Forum, which includes members who drive 4 wheelers on Motor cycle licences.

Boatman

Actually quite redolent of Rover's experimental cars, such as the gas turbine "JET 1". I like to think that Rover themselves might have designed a body like this. Even Jools Holland looks strangely appropriate in the driving seat.

Something of the 4-seater Routemaster about it...

The Nim.

• RMweb Premium

Reliant Kittens used to be sold with Perspex windows to stay below the weight limit and they were 4 wheeled.  Ligier Micro-Cars, same deal.  Motor Tricycle was only written as such where the vehicle was a three wheeler. It is not a necessity for driving on a Motorcycle licence.  Far more can be read on the Reliant Forum, which includes members who drive 4 wheelers on Motor cycle licences.

Boatman

Reliant Kittens did not have a weight limit, manufacture had ceased by the time that legislation had been introduced. The legislation was introduced to cover quad bikes and was not retrospective. Until recently I owned a Reliant Kitten and I don't know of any fitted with perspex windows from new.

• Like 1

If you google there is an Australian guy who chopped 2 cylinders from a Merlin engine to have a V twin engine for use in a bike.

Possibly a tad excessive.

All the best

Keith

Which, whilst magnificently loopy and a major technical achievement, doesn't appear to have worked terribly well in practice. The gentleman in question has run regularly at the Lake Gairdner speed trials and it's notable that he no longer uses the Merlin special. I seem to remember its times were not as impressive as might have been expected.

Well, that was interesting....

Went out with some family friends today. To cut a long story short, we parked in a private garage in Sydney where one of the family works. Next to where we parked was an interesting shape, red, and covered by a dust sheet. I carefully lifted the rear of the dust cover to find....a Ford Laser TX3 Turbo 4WD!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...