Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Morning Jaz and Kal,

Sorry, been knocked out for a few days with a nasty bug so trying to catch up when I can.

I would like to wish you both a great New Year, and look forward to the next startling development in 2015,

Kind regards,

Jock.

Modern day Louth in the last pic,  ?    The car's and dress sense, don't seem to move with the time's............ :O

the first picture was modern day Xmas ;p

I'll go back and add the words ooooooops...

I thought you'd work it out....crystal ball and all.......hehe

Edited by Jaz

modern day Louth Christmas Lights

3289469.pngimages of lincolnshire.co.uk

The station singable, 1960s and a hint of snow

louth(de1960s)old18.jpgdisused stsations org

and no snow and probably 1980s not 60s......

Louth%20Market%20Place%201981%201%20Larg

tapping family org

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3

the first picture was modern day Xmas ;p

I'll go back and add the words ooooooops...

I thought you'd work it out....crystal ball and all.......hehe

What is that,  practice called ?  when you stick pins in people,  to improve blood supply ?

Edited by David Todd

modern day Louth Christmas Lights

images of lincolnshire.co.uk

The station singable, 1960s and a hint of snow

disused stsations org

and no snow and probably 1980s not 60s......

Louth%20Market%20Place%201981%201%20Larg

tapping family org

..........   can't be much after '82  .............    Allegros didn't last long before the built in British Leyland rust mite got 'em   :no:  and the last one off the line was sometime '82  .....   

Edit  .....   what is the Queen doing there  .....    by the Pillar Box?   

Edited by jcredfer

..........   can't be much after '82  .............    Allegros didn't last long before the built in British Leyland rust mite got 'em   :no:  and the last one off the line was sometime '82  .....   

Edit  .....   what is the Queen doing there  .....    by the Pillar Box?   

al·le·gro

(ə-lĕg′rō, ə-lā′grō)   Auto mobile.

adv. & adj. Abbr. allo
In a quick, lively tempo, usually considered to be faster than allegretto but slower than presto. Used chiefly as a direction.

n. pl. al·le·gros

1. An allegro passage or movement.
2. succession of fast jumps performed as an exercise in ballet.

Edited by David Todd

al·le·gro

(ə-lĕg′rō, ə-lā′grō)   Auto mobile.

adv. & adj. Abbr. allo
In a quick, lively tempo, usually considered to be faster than allegretto but slower than presto. Used chiefly as a direction.
n. pl. al·le·gros
1. An allegro passage or movement.
2. succession of fast jumps performed as an exercise in ballet.

...   Oh yes!  ...   amazing just how mis-leading Motor Manufacturers names for cars could be   ....   :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

Ooohh  WOW!!  .......    amazing  ...................    :locomotive:  :locomotive:

I've still got mine.

......    you must have spent hours .........    and hours   ......    and hours    .......     looking after it   ...........................................................    unless, of course you are a friend of Dr Who   .......    :sungum:  

I had a lovely looking restored red spitfire all chromed up, it got back ended and was put in for a check over, and the mechanic was laughing so hard he could barely speak...to say the back was broken the 'thing' that was meant to lift it (like what is in my layout garage) was going up but all 4 wheels was saying on the ground....needless to say it was a financial write off. 

I ended up with a cheap Ford Cortina...what a come down!!!!

Edited by Jaz

That's a shame. The Spitfire was a lovely looking car. Unfortunately though they still succumbed to the same rust problem.

I blame my Dad for my taste in British Leyland cars. He had a Marina coupe in that ghastly mustard colour and then moved on to a series of Rover SD1's. Although the last one he had was a V8 3.5 litre Vitesse. Now that was a bit of a beast,

Loufing out loud.

Loufing   about.

or

just plain......... Louth,     the link, contains some very nice pic's, of overall roof, to no overall roof.

Edited by David Todd

Ernie, the fastest Milkman in Louth

louth(alsop_c1908)old1.jpg

Copyright of John Allsop collection

My first car was an old Hillman Imp, I have a rather soft spot for it....and no it is NOT a gravel pit ;p.

It was dark green which is why I repainted the lilac one on the layout. Lilac!!!!! But four men could comfortable pick it up.....i fact they did once when it was pinned in whilst parked, nice lads as nobody...not just...a woman driver...could have got out of THAT tight a space.

Edited by Jaz

Hmmmmm, Choices Choices,  Use the Car, or Take the Train. ?

20953083.JPG?1367287802

Edited by David Todd
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Just caught up.  I have half read lots of articles on colours of railway stock, and did they weather differently?  Did different works mix the paints differently?  Is the paint on a model the same as on the real thing?  Do we all see colours the same?  I have decided not to get involved in any discussions about did the Cambrian paint their locos, Black or Invisible Green? 

Anyway, here are two paint conversion charts:-

http://www.paint4models.com/paintchart/paintconversionchart20100101e.htm#

http://scalemodeldb.com/paint

When I posted the first colour chart on another thread I got comments that no colour comparison chart was any good, but it is worth a go.

Oh yes, my father-in-law drove his Alegro until he stopped driving around 2008.

• Like 1