Dapol Daves May trip to Ohio

• RMweb Gold

Pete

Website below. Not sure about fishing permits but there's plenty of riverbank outside some of the rooms.

http://www.cgriversidelodge.com/

The brewery isnt open every day so needs a little planning to make sure you are there for the beer if thats what you want.

Walking Man brewery,
240 1st St, Stevenson, WA 98648, United States
Phone:+1 509-427-5520
Hours:

Monday Closed Tuesday Closed Wednesday 4:00–9:00 pm Thursday 4:00–9:00 pm Friday 3:00–9:00 pm Saturday 3:00–9:00 pm Sunday 3:00–8:00 pm.

Its a small 'rustic'  brewery and bar so not the more typical massive USA brew pubs but do great pizzas and the beer is superb although generally strong ones.

'Free city wide wifi' aswell. Its a small town to me though.

Hi Dave , did you manage to get to the USAF museum up at Dayton , i was in Cincinnatti recently and spent a day up there , [really you need 2-3 days to take it all in ], i can honestly say it was one of the most impressive museums ive ever been to . Think Duxford x4 or 5. 

If you havent been and go back to Ohio you must see it , i can thoroughly recomend the place.

Cheers / regards Paul.

Great stuff - love the new Grande inspired Wheeling & Lake Erie scheme, but to see they're running some tunnel motors too is quite awesome!

Blue Island should definitely be on your list (amongst other places) if you hit Chicagoland.

Hi Dave , did you manage to get to the USAF museum up at Dayton , i was in Cincinnatti recently and spent a day up there , [really you need 2-3 days to take it all in ], i can honestly say it was one of the most impressive museums ive ever been to . Think Duxford x4 or 5. 

If you havent been and go back to Ohio you must see it , i can thoroughly recomend the place.

Cheers / regards Paul.

Hi Paul,

Yes I visited the USAF museum for my third ever time last Monday. This time was different for me because although the R&D and presidential hangers were closed (until October) I had a good camera, great lens and a tripod! :-)

If you go on my Zenfolio site, go to all the photographs section and click 'Military Aircraft' then click 'USAF Museum, Dayton 2013' for what I personally think are my best aircraft pictures to date. In fact my previous 2 Dayton trips are in separate folders there for you to compare.

Enjoy, I know I did.

Cheers

Dave

Great stuff - love the new Grande inspired Wheeling & Lake Erie scheme, but to see they're running some tunnel motors too is quite awesome!

Blue Island should definitely be on your list (amongst other places) if you hit Chicagoland.

Hi Glorious NSE,

The big thing about the tunnels was that they were in original livery, not heritage repaints, plus I understand they only own 2 tunnels in total :-)

Cheers

Dave

Me too. There really is an embarrassment of riches in Dave's photos!   I really like the pic of NS 3222 the SD 40 - 2. Dunno why, it just appeals to me!

The USAAF shots are brilliant too, particularly the "oddities".

Best, Pete.

I've a few days in Vancouver in August (we are going up to see (and photograph :jester: ) the salmon run with the bears, so i'll add to the wildlife folder, but also add a Canadian Trains folder too :locomotive:

A friend up there is spending a day taking me round Vancouver's hotspots

That's another trip i'm really looking forward to, plus the float planes in the harbour.

cheers

Dave

Dave, If you get a chance can you title the USAF photos in particular? There's quite a few of the odd flying machines that I simply do not recognise!

Cheers, Pete.

Any in particular Pete? Aircraft are another of my passions, even after I spent 14 years in the aerospace industry.

Adrian

Especially liked the fallen flags folder Dave, unless I missed it there is a lack of B&O blue, you will have to get up to the museum in Baltimore :yes: I believe the restored roundhouse is quite a sight.

Now if I could just interest you in entering the US RTR market with an HO Southern Pacific C-9 2-8-0 to the same detail standards as the Beattie Well Tanks and forthcoming O2......a Harriman standard engine that could be detailed for SP, UP, IC and other Harriman owned roads.

Was the X45B a prototype for the X47 (there's a video of the X47 on the BBC taking off from the flightdeck of the USS G.W. Bush)? I'm assuming it was a smaller version....

Best, Pete.

X45B was a Boeing aircraft that was built for the USAF UCAV experiments. A version of the X45 platform was proposed for the US Navy UCAS program, but ultimately the Northrop Grumman X47B was chosen. So yes, in a way it was a predecessor of the X47, just not a direct one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_X-45

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_Grumman_X-47B

UCAV = Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle

UCAS = Unmanned Combat Air System

Adrian

Oh yes, I love US railroads.

I'm not sure many of you have looked at the other USA folders on my site (yes there's more)

http://davejonesphotography.zenfolio.com/f801690321

Seen any gaps in the market for potential models, Dave...?

I've a few days in Vancouver in August (we are going up to see (and photograph :jester: ) the salmon run with the bears, so i'll add to the wildlife folder, but also add a Canadian Trains folder too :locomotive:

A friend up there is spending a day taking me round Vancouver's hotspots

That's another trip i'm really looking forward to, plus the float planes in the harbour.

cheers

Dave

A trip on a floatplane is well worth the experience, plus you can go to Victoria, which is more British than anywhere in.....Britain! But the Railway Museum just up the road in Squamish needs more than the hour I allowed (although I only wanted to see one exhibit, and it was the Wife's Birthday...).

A couple of years ago I had to go to Dayton on business. The meeting was only about 800 yards away from the USAF museum so took the chance to visit. It's the best military aviation museum I've been to - well worth a visit. The only drawback is that it is very gloomily lit, good idea to take a tripod Dave.

For those getting bored with aviation. Here's a quick grab shot of a Norfolk Southern freight I took just across the road from the museum.

post-17228-0-52422000-1368816340_thumb.jpg

Yes I have a 30 minute float plane ride to take us up to the 28 person hotel in the middle of nowhere with only the bears, dolphins, whales and eagles for company fora week.

I must get more memory cards :-)

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Yes I have a 30 minute float plane ride to take us up to the 28 person hotel in the middle of nowhere with only the bears, dolphins, whales and eagles for company fora week.

I must get more memory cards :-)

Cheers

Dave

No trains for a whole week!!!

Does osund good though.

Ian

Archived