nice weathering on the railfreight toffee apple ped like it with the doors open people say its a gimmic but i like how you can pose the doors with drivers or just open . 

Thanks, the weathering is just Humbrols enamels thinned with thinners painted on then wiped off, sometimes it works and sometimes it looks too much. I too like the open able doors, reminds me when I saw locos in BR days, waiting for there next job.

during my visit to Pendeford sidings, I was able to catch some other moves. 08601 ran down to the wharf to collect some wagons that had been loaded/unloaded.

28997919705_61931496bc_c.jpg08601 140816 by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

Whilst the jocko was down the wharf, 31259 arrived on Target, it's pictured pausing outside the Shunters cabin to find out what's happening.

28711972460_2a4e632c13_c.jpgTarget No47 arrives by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

Shortly after 08601 returned with a raft of wagons from the wharf.

28892810782_6733d2e471_c.jpgreturn from the wharf by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

I also took some time to video my Bass reflex fitted Class 37's

• Like 8

during my visit to Pendeford sidings, I was able to catch some other moves. 08601 ran down to the wharf to collect some wagons that had been loaded/unloaded.

28997919705_61931496bc_c.jpg08601 140816 by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

Whilst the jocko was down the wharf, 31259 arrived on Target, it's pictured pausing outside the Shunters cabin to find out what's happening.

28711972460_2a4e632c13_c.jpgTarget No47 arrives by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

Shortly after 08601 returned with a raft of wagons from the wharf.

28892810782_6733d2e471_c.jpgreturn from the wharf by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

I also took some time to video my Bass reflex fitted Class 37's

wow what can i say brill, the slug sounds amazing like the sounds from the base reflex speaker fitted tractor 601 shunting looks really good pal top video mate .

wow what can i say brill, the slug sounds amazing like the sounds from the base reflex speaker fitted tractor 601 shunting looks really good pal top video mate .

Superb Simon, sound really does make a difference.

Jinty ;)

I'm well impressed with the sound improvement, I'd read a lot of comments but was put of by the work involved, now that I've done three (I've blown the chip in 37251 with a short  :nono:  so need a to buy a new one) I'm looking at what other loco's can benefit from this treatment.

I will admit Slug 5 is my favorite at the moment, the deep throaty bass is sublime

Hi Simom,

Nice set of pics, Love the video too those 37s sound Hellfire. Can I ask what you use for videoing?

Cheers Peter.

Morning Peter, I've got two more 37/5s to add sound to once I've got the money, with 5 37's on the go it could get noisy in my spare room.

The videos are taken on my Samsung PL210 camera, it's not a dedicated video camera but it does the job most of the time.

Simon

Morning Peter, I've got two more 37/5s to add sound to once I've got the money, with 5 37's on the go it could get noisy in my spare room.

The videos are taken on my Samsung PL210 camera, it's not a dedicated video camera but it does the job most of the time.

Simon

Thanks Simon,

I think my problem is the camera I am using would be about 8 years old now so something newer is needed I think.

Cheers Peter.

• 4 weeks later...

no i agree its a more fuller sound your right doesnt seem to have the tinny echo of the round one . Can i ask were you got the iphone speaker from ?

I bought them from this chap, on the strength of the results I ordered another two speakers yesterday

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361710886256?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

No connection, just a satisfied customer

• Like 3

Very clever trick with the iPhone 6 speaker. Definitely sounds good without a doubt. Personal favourite is definitely that clip of 905. What a beast!!

Thanks Marcus, I can't claim credit for the iphone speaker. I saw a video on youtube which spurred me on to try it, it's a slim speaker which I'm hoping will allow me to fit some speakers in my fleet of Heljan 86's.

My slug with it's bass reflex is my own favourite at the moment and gets heavy use on the layout  :senile:

Cheers

Simon

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I shall certainly keep my eye out for him mate. Think I'm there again next week.

Cheers

Marcus

Hi Simon

Met you mate Richard today. He was coming into Bescot yard as I was leaving. Unfortunately our conversation was brief as we were causing a bit of a traffic jam. Thoroughly nice chap and he gave me his contact card and invited me down to his office for a brew sometime.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 2

Hi Simon

Met you mate Richard today. He was coming into Bescot yard as I was leaving. Unfortunately our conversation was brief as we were causing a bit of a traffic jam. Thoroughly nice chap and he gave me his contact card and invited me down to his office for a brew sometime.

Cheers

Marcus

Marcus, glad that you met Rich, he's a legend and has been on the Railway 25 years now. He started his career on the Platforms at Wolverhampton and progressed to the MOMs job via Hartelbury box, Madely Junctionand Bescot Down Tower.

Here is a picture of Richard in his element, an exercise involving the West Midlands Fire Service that took place in Bescot Yard.

7071623625_1782192bd7_k.jpgSadler3 by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

• Like 1