Trent Valley Show 15th June 2013

• RMweb Premium

A big thanks to all who have posted pictures up and to everyone one involved in the organising in the first place. There are some really inspiring layouts here to browse through and plenty of ideas for projects!

I'll definitely have to try and get down there next year but in the meantime I'm gearing up for the Perth show next week!  :)

For the modelling of the vast open spaces of Kansas prairie - Galatia, with its low lying distant views, and big open skies, takes a lot of beating - even more impressive in real life than in photos

Thanks for the compliments!

The height of the back scene was a bit fortuitous as I just matched the height of the the tallest leg of the grain elevator but it works well with the Sceniking backdrop. The other thing that helped with creating the illusion of open space was to resist trying to put too much track down.

The Galatia roadshow's next stop is next month at the Alton Limited mini-show next month and then a bit of break until Trainwest in April '14 then Warley in Nov '15.

Cheers

Dan

Looks like you are about to crack your head! Be careful out there, Jack!

Layout looks suitably yummy by the way...

Best, Pete.

Yes - it also makes me look bald -not sure why as I do have a full head of hair (the camera DOES lie!)- and thanks for the "yummy" comment

I wasn't smiling 'cos I was constantly looking for my helpers. At least one shot above of one standing ... with his hands in his pockets and one of the others was too busy taking photos..... :jester:

post-13979-0-00773300-1371475093_thumb.j

I see "Pot, Kettle, and Black" in the background of this photo... :D :D :D

At least there I'm actually filling my intended purpose at the Show and operating North Haston; for much of the time my lad wanted me to watch him operate Falcon Lake (thanks again Dave!!) :rolleyes:

As the sun sets on this thread for another year, I feel it's right to once again say a heartfelt thanks to all those involved.

Exhibitors - we couldn't run a show without you. I echo the views already expressed here many times regarding the quality of the layouts - keep building them as we want to run a show next year (and maybe the year after...). A special thanks to the exhibitors who very generously keep their expenses to a minimum which means we can use the money generated to ensure the show carries on.

Many thanks to the traders who came and provided many of us with those hard to find items.

Thanks to all those who came to help on the day. Again, without your efforts, the show would not run as smoothly.

And of course, thanks to all those who came from near and far to visit the show. Your support is much appreciated. Next year, try and bring at least two others with you to boost the numbers... ;)

Thanks also to all the support shown on this forum. I know many of you made it to the show whilst some didn't. Hopefully, you will all be able to make it next year.

So, here's looking forward to Saturday 14th June 2014....

Next year for sure! Even the photos are enough to inspire me to knuckle down and get on with my little slice of the USA.

Phil,

Assuming that happens, let me have details and maybe you can bring it with you....

looks like 2014 is all booked up,and a start for 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!

We just need to spread the word farther,if Shortliner can do a 1000 mile round trip!!!!,anythings possible for the rest of us,see you all next year and bring a friend or even better a mini bus of friends.

Ray

I have just found this which may be of interest to readers of this part of the forum 

*********WARNING!**********

PROCEED WITH EXTREEM CAUTION - IF YOU ARE IN CHARGE OF SMALL CHILDREN, DOGS, OR HORSES IN THE STREET, OR  ARE OF A NERVOUS DISPOSITION AND PREDISPOSED TO FITS, THERE IS A PHOTO OF "HIMSELF" TOWARDS THE END!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt0Fp0wrNoA&feature=youtu.be

Archived