Β 

Trent Valley Show 15th June 2013

Yesterday, I found both the 2011 layout plaque I thought I'd lost and had to ask for a replacement, and a HO scale Preiser policeman that I thought I'd dropped in the car park last year. Is this an omen for something....?

I think you are supposed to prer-notify the guy who is dealing with it by email and put price lables on them - Nick sent me a copy of the form, but I think that since I wasn't going to use it, I have deleted it - If I can get hold of him, I will mention it!

If they are electro-frog bring them anyway - I may well find some a home!

I just spoke to Nick - probably tooo late to do it now, but there will be no problem with "private sales" between individuals

I think you are supposed to prer-notify the guy who is dealing with it by email and put price lables on them - Nick sent me a copy of the form, but I think that since I wasn't going to use it, I have deleted it - If I can get hold of him, I will mention it!

If they are electro-frog bring them anyway - I may well find some a home!

I just spoke to Nick - probably tooo late to do it now, but there will be no problem with "private sales" between individuals

Cheers Jack. Yes they are electro-frog. Wish I had known about the bring n buy earlier.

His name is Andrew C - not Chris G !!!

Tell me about it. Its taken me over 2 years to get Essex to the point where the modules, track, and wiring are complete. Somehow I think it might be a tad bigger than Chris's latest masterpiece. :locomotive:Β Maybe next year...........Β 

• RMweb Gold

Tell me about it. Its taken me over 2 years to get Essex to the point where the modules, track, and wiring are complete. Somehow I think it might be a tad bigger than Chris's latest masterpiece. :locomotive:Β Maybe next year...........Β 

Well youv'e got till September to finish the scenery now... dont panick!

Β 

Ian

Well youv'e got till September to finish the scenery now... dont panick!

Β 

Ian

I'm really tempted to just dump several dozen bags of fake snow on the thing and do a winter scene. It may not be fully detailed but it will be ready to show.

Β 

If your not careful, you'll be getting an invite to next year's show (assuming there is one!).

A bit of clarification regarding bring and buy.

Β 

It was primarily for exhibitors only to keep the volume down. As with all things related to any show, it takes time and effort to organise the bring and buy and for somebody to deal with it on the day. My team of one gets spread pretty thin in the days leading up to the show! So far this week, I have travelled to the far side of Nottingham, Withernsea (past Hull and the past the back of beyond!), Northampton and High Wycombe - best part of 800 miles - having to field phone calls and e-mails on the run.

Β 

Mike Topping of Topp Trains has volunteered to handle it this year alongside his own trade stand. He has asked that details are given to him in plenty of time (understandably) so he can get his act together ready for Saturday.

Β 

However, if you have a few bits and pieces you want to shift, by all means bring it along to sell to somebody else privately but please don't expect MIke to take it on board on the day (he has stated quite clearly that he will not accept items at the show unless they have been pre-booked).

Before this thread goes any further, i think Nick needs a round of applause.

Β 

Here's me thinking that Nick was the head of the team,not the team!! :OΒ  :O

Β 

Thats what i call dedication to the cause,one manΒ doing it all, is very rare these days,i only wish i lived a little bit closer to help lightenΒ his load,but maybe in the light of things,( will it or won't it be on next year,i hope it will),Β people may come forward to help with organizing ofΒ next year's show,surely there's enough local modeller's that can help out (how ever small) to make sure the show goes on,and gets better (by the looks of the layouts this year it will be hard to beat).

Β 

Nick,needs your support one way or another.

Β 

Well done,and thanks for all your hard work.

Ray

I couldn't agree more Ray. Without Nick there wouldn't be a TVNAM, and I for one would be very disappointed.

Having exhibited a new layout at each show since the beginning,it's the highlight of the exhibition circuit for me, and would be much missed.

We should all help Nick in any way we can.

Β 

Cheers Nick :thankyou:

Dave

Before this thread goes any further, i think Nick needs a round of applause.

Β 

Here's me thinking that Nick was the head of the team,not the team!! :OΒ  :O

Β 

Thats what i call dedication to the cause,one manΒ doing it all, is very rare these days,i only wish i lived a little bit closer to help lightenΒ his load,but maybe in the light of things,( will it or won't it be on next year,i hope it will),Β people may come forward to help with organizing ofΒ next year's show,surely there's enough local modeller's that can help out (how ever small) to make sure the show goes on,and gets better (by the looks of the layouts this year it will be hard to beat).

Β 

Nick,needs your support one way or another.

Β 

Well done,and thanks for all your hard work.

Ray

Here here Ray.

Those of us within a good stone throw, tend to get roped into building layouts, some of us tend to be still building their layouts the week before the show. So living close doesn't always help Nick with organising things.

Β 

Hope those travelling have a good journey, Staffs is cloudy and a little dull but reasonably warm this morning.

Β 

See you tomorrow

Dave

Here here Ray.

Those of us within a good stone throw, tend to get roped into building layouts, some of us tend to be still building their layouts the week before the show. So living close doesn't always help Nick with organising things.

Β 

Β 

Β 

There is also the issue that despite informal meets and seeing others at local shows, there isn't the traditional weekly club night where local members can meet up and discuss aspects of the show or delegate specific jobs. TVNAM has also grown from a group of modellers getting their layouts together for an informal show, to a fully specalised event with over 20 stands, professional catering (not that it wasn't before) and overnight accomodation.

Β 

I do believe however, that up to the obvious jobs to be done on the day, all but the larger shows do benefit from having a single competent person in charge, if only because I've experienced too many shows that have so many roles spread between different people and waste more time communicating (or not) between people, so nothing ends up being done efficiently.Β Β 

To echo Dave's post, it seems to be getting greyer.

Β 

About the roads - the A51 Rugeley bypass has had roadworks since before Christmas and they had moved away from Armitage so weren't going to affect us. I went there this morning and they have started digging up the roundabout where the A513 crosses the A51 - don't know why as they only dug it up and filled it in again a couple of months ago!

Β 

post-6943-0-29767000-1371203873.jpg

Β 

Traffic lights and queues.

Dear TVNAMers,

Β 

Take care on the roads guys n girls. It's Friday o'clock here, and wishing you a great weekend at the show...

Β 

Happy Modelling,

Aiming to be there in spirit,

Prof Klyzlr

Β 

Thanks for your good wishes, Prof.

Β 

I'm sure there will be some photos posted.

Rain has now stopped play for me!! No back-scene on Exchange Avenue then - should give it a nice airy, open look. I'm still building structures, painting and detailing at the moment - should be ok for 2014! Just hope the van turns up tonight or early tomorrow morning.

Β 

See you all tomorrow.

Archived