Trent Valley Show 15th June 2013

post-6943-0-17144100-1366894371_thumb.jpg

I guess we're getting close enough now to start publicising the event.

The following layouts are currently booked:

City Limits, HO - Roger Nicholls

Union Pass, N - Ian Morris

Falcon Lake, HO - Dave Barclay

Galatia, KS, HO - Dan Spalding

Long's Logging Line, On30 - Dave Long

Weston Transloading, HO - Jack Trollope

Top of the Yard, HO - Chris Messer

Lakewiew, HO - Chris Gilbert

Sandwell County, N - Warley MRC

Exchange Avenue, HO - Jez New

Stoney Hill West, HO - Chris Round

RS Tower Freemo Modules, HO - Martyn Read and friends

Wheelock Mill, HO - Nick Quinn

Menasha, Wis, HO - Wakefield MRC

Shasta, Z - Kevin Smith

Easter Park, HO - Colin Woolley

Team Track Trading, Western Models, Hobbyrail and Coastal DCC will be there with possibly a couple of other traders yet to be finalised.

There is the usual support from Model Junction with the promise of another worthwhile raffle prize, whilst other raffle prizes have been arriving from the US (Intermountain and Kalmbach).

Hopefully the caterers that we used last year will be there again so we shouldn't go hungry!

So, here's looking forward to another great day for everybody.

Oooh, nice to see some of my handiwork advertising a show!  Depending on what else might be happening that weekend I may be able to make it down - perhaps as part of the Menasha team.

Oooh, nice to see some of my handiwork advertising a show!  Depending on what else might be happening that weekend I may be able to make it down - perhaps as part of the Menasha team.

I hope you can make it, it's a very good show whether you have an interest in North American modelling or not.

It seems there is a bit of an "Omen" with layouts on posters for this year's show, Mine was booked and did appear on early publicity, but I had to cancel the booking as Sproglet #2 is due a few days after and although I still hope to be at the show, don't want to have to cancel at the last minute or abandon the layout. You'll recognise me at the show as the bloke pacing up and down all day or checking my phone for missed calls....

Discovered earlier this evening that the event I might have been going to that day has been cancelled.  This might well take it's place in that case.

Every cloud etc. etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the posts, guys - keep them coming!

Given the low budget of the show, high cost of printing and the disposal of half the programmes after the show for the past couple of years, I have put a link to a pdf file on the website (www.tvnam.co.uk) which forms this year's programme.

Slight changes to the layout line up - Chris Gilbert will be bringing Florida City as Lakeview is now on Ebay!

Hi Nick,

Couldn't agree more about the programmes. Having gone to a lot of trouble to produce a good quality programme for Rotarail 2013, with full descriptions/track plans and photos, I ended up ditching about 350 of the number I had printed. True, I probably over- ordered, but this being my first show we were in trial and error mode! I'll know better next time.

Giving Falcon Lake an outing at the Gosport Meet on 18th May, then all ready for the annual pilgrimage to TVNAM.

See y'all soon!

Dave

Did a decent session of modelling for the first time since our house move back last Sept. To show for my efforts are some repaired stirrup steps and installation of cut levers on a number of the Galatia freight car roster.

So one item off the 'To Do' list for next month...

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

I've come back from a week away in Dorset and was presented with a large box by my neighbour who had taken it in from Parcelforce.

Another raffle prize kindly donated by Stewart and Farah at Model Junction: a very nice looking Athearn Genesis GP38-2W in CN zebra stripes - got to be worth a punt for that.

NEWS FLASH!!!!

Shortliner has set of for TVNAM.

He's not taking any chances this year,of car breaking down or breaking SWMBO arm,he's decided to walk it.

Here he is pictured this morning on the outskirts of Inverness with his new portable layout!!!!! :no:  :no:  :stinker: 

post-13979-0-46151200-1369992285.jpg

I've given clearance for a safe passage at the Cumbrian border and set up a water stop!!!!!

Ray

Archived