"Anything You Can do, I Can Do Better ! Robinson and Downes.

Pictures from the workbench

The corner block seen flat on its back on the workbench and finished at last and I've been all day finishing it !

That makes it close on five foot so far and I'll probably knock it on the head at six - so guys, looks like you've got another foot and another thousand  pictures of Old Tudor to come yet!

Let me know when you've had enough!!

Cheers.

Allan.

attachicon.gifWORKBENCH TOPICS 001.JPGattachicon.gifWORKBENCH TOPICS 002.JPGattachicon.gifWORKBENCH TOPICS 003.JPGattachicon.gifWORKBENCH TOPICS 006.JPGattachicon.gifWORKBENCH TOPICS 007.JPG

You're not going to include the zoo then?

Regards

Bill

Made a start on the final group in this Tudor epic to night - The Market Hall.

The fan light was cut out of 10 thou styrene - twice ! The old eyes ain't wot they used to be and my hand ain't as steady as it used to be either - I was all over the bxxxxy place !

I'm just making this up as I go along so haven't the slightest idea how it's gonna end up - probably a  castle, a cathedral even....

Cheers

Allan

post-18579-0-48859000-1398636690_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-25301800-1398636700_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-52462500-1398636710_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-68465200-1398636720_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Look on the bright side Allan. After this Hampton Court (or Salmesbury Hall near Preston in Lancashire) would be a doddle! I'm beginning to see why I've never attempt a Tudor building, though I must admit I did once built an Airfix half-timbered pub kit (and bu@@ered it up when I painted it!!)

Regards

Bill

As always Allan, such amazing work, and everything hand cut.

With such intricate designs and patterns do you ever consider going down the 'dark side' and having them etched or laser cut so they are more easily reproduced should you need them again?

With such intricate designs and patterns do you ever consider going down the 'dark side' and having them etched or laser cut so they are more easily reproduced should you need them again?

There's a certain ammount of satisfaction knowing that you have built something without the aid of machines even if it does fall apart without the help from anyone and machines in particular  !

When I see a gap where a gap shouldn't be I think aren't I clever, I've built another gap, let's see a machine do that !

Anyway, what happens when somebody pulls the plug ?

Cheers.

Allan ( as he types away on a lazer generated machine.......

• Like 2

I'd agree with the satisfaction of hand building all the components - brilliant work Allan.

Bet it's cost you a small fortune in styrene though :)

Not really.  Allan uses recycled large & small yoghurt pots, credit cards, and the better type of organic egg carton from Sainsbury's, all of which he finds late at night while going through Iain's waste bins looking for that elusive cheque 'lost in the post'............................................

..... And why do the rest of us bother button. :O

Coz without you there wouldn't be a Forum let alone a Hobby and this Thread wouldn't be heading for mega thousands of hits !

Look, I play the guitar but its my playing that makes everyone else look good - but I still gig even if they have to prop me up !

Cheers.

Allan.

• Like 3

Cheers.

Allan ( as he types away on a lazer generated machine.......

Ah, but you did make the machine yourself from old scrabble tiles for the keyboard and some valves from a defunct radiogram all lovingly encased in a mountboard & fireclay box stained with colron ;)

With all these photos and typed witty banter Allan doesn't have time to construct. His garage is full of orphaned dwarves working their fingers threadbare to produce drawers full of Chester type buildings, castellated bio-hazardous Colron clad microwaved fire cemented Norman fortified walls and various other types of buildings. Etched or laser cut not needed when you have dwarf cut.

Right guys, this brings the Tudor epic to a close I think - enough is enough !!

But then again....

So anyway, here's the last building complete bar its chimney and a few random shots of about half of what is built.

Cheers.

Allan.

post-18579-0-86557300-1398876129_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-85729100-1398876140_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-73435500-1398876157_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-90997100-1398876178_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-23090400-1398876196_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-18864100-1398876212_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-22978600-1398876232_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-57710800-1398876245_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-53055200-1398876260_thumb.jpg

And finally, Robinson's version !

post-18579-0-76976400-1398876278_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Fantastic though it begs the question what are you going to do with all these amazing buildings, any sign of a layout?

A seriously good question Mullie, they're backing up like the M25 on a friday night !

I'm running out of storage space fast and everything's gotta go, but since none of this was built to commission, then that isn't going to be easy therefore I shall be letting them go for peanuts - enough to cover material costs plus a little bit on top.

So, if any one's interested, make me an offer for individual buildings/layout/dioramas, the lot even,  and if you're serious, I'll put up a list of what's available.

Cheers.

Allan.

With such intricate designs and patterns do you ever consider going down the 'dark side' and having them etched or laser cut so they are more easily reproduced should you need them again?[/quot

It all looks fantastic Alan you have caught the atmosphere perfectly.

Why is it assumed that being cut by hand is inferior. Thinks have been cut by hand far longer than by machine.

• RMweb Premium

I'm running out of storage space fast and everything's gotta go, but since none of this was built to commission, then that isn't going to be easy therefore I shall be letting them go for peanuts - enough to cover material costs plus a little bit on top.

So, if any one's interested, make me an offer for individual buildings/layout/dioramas, the lot even,  and if you're serious, I'll put up a list of what's available.

Cheers.

Allan.

I think many of us would be interested, even if we could match the quality, the time it would take us would be prohibitive... 

Could you do us a list? I can remember some models from the thread but it would be handy to have a list, ideally with an indication where they are in this thread so we can look at the photos. If they fit in to our respective layouts, I doubt there'd be much argument over contributing to your biscuit fund. 

I have put some feelers out amongst the 7mm people I know but so far, no takers... 

Thanks White Rabbit.

First I should make it clear to anyone interested that everything is built to  7mm to the foot scale - 0 guage.

So, if there's enough interest show I can set up some kind of list but since there must be something like 3,000 postings it won't be easy pin pointing everything !

But I can upload individual pics from my files.

Cheers.

Allan.