"Anything You Can do, I Can Do Better ! Robinson and Downes.

OK guys, THE lean to roof.

It WAS alright until British Gas put in a new boiler and ripped half of it off to install the flu pipe !

This magnificent example of lean to architecture is also 30 years old, belongs to my partner,  come missus, come go-get, bend car, and she likes the roof the way it is - woman's logic no less , so you'll have to take it up with her but, hey guys, I really wouldn't advise it !

Cheers.

Allan

My missus is a Black-belt 2nd Dan in Tai Kwon Do and so I don't think I'm at liberty to say who I look like.But thank you to your wife for showing the interest never the less.

PS. I don't know if I should have posted this if she finds out she'll kill me! She really is a Black-belt you know.

Allan. I'm loving watching all those gorgeous new buildings emerging from the hand's of the Boss and at the sort of speed which would leave Captain Kirk and Scotty profoundly speechless, but I've got to ask you! Where's the railway going to go? Are you planning to paint it on the backscene?

Regards

Puzzled of Morecambe :scratchhead: :scratchhead:

Allan. I'm loving watching all those gorgeous new buildings emerging from the hand's of the Boss and at the sort of speed which would leave Captain Kirk and Scotty profoundly speechless, but I've got to ask you! Where's the railway going to go? Are you planning to paint it on the backscene?

Regards

Puzzled of Morecambe :scratchhead: :scratchhead:

The railway.

post-18579-0-79918900-1384798719_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-54211900-1384798736_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-94471400-1384798754_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-18673900-1384798770_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-52244600-1384798785_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I love that Ianp rated this "informative/useful LOL!

cheers,

Iain

I'm really struggling to suppress a chortle - I'm supposed to be working in here. By the way - one more wall scribed :)

I'm a real sucker for punishment - once that's done, I've the internal walls to scribe!

A thought just crossed my mind (probably the curry I had for tea!). I wonder if Andy Y is keeping tabs on this thread? After all, a brand new layout from the Boss must be an event of some magnitude and worthy of publication!

I can see the picture on the cover of BRM now! A low angle shot of Allan striking a heroic pose against the castle in the background, Fender Strat strapped across his back; a steely glint in his eye, his hand hovering near the hilt of his scalpel as he catches sight of Iain's debonair smile as he leans casually against a nearby wall.......................................

Cor!!!!!!!! :swoon:

Bill

• Like 2

Sorry chaps, but once I got the idea into my head I couldn't resist producing some suitable cover art for the BRM Downes-Robinson Special Issue. I hope you find it suitable!

post-14791-0-01123700-1384830119.jpg

Notes:

1)     I didn't include a logo because I didn't want Andy Y coming round and clipping me around the lughole!

2)     The hammer Iain is wielding was in fact supposed to be a traditional thrice-boiled battle haggis. Unfortunately Iain was unable to supply me with a description due to it being an "ancient secret weapon the making of which you sassanach's are not privy to so clear off sharpish afore you feel one upside yer bonce!"

3)     No modellers were harmed during the production of this picture.

4)     I really am going to have to stop using this plastic solvent!

Bill

Edited by Mythocentric

Sorry chaps, but once I got the idea into my head I couldn't resist producing some suitable cover art for the BRM Downes-Robinson Special Issue. I hope you find it suitable!

attachicon.gifBRM.jpg

Notes:

1)     I didn't include a logo because I didn't want Andy Y coming round and clipping me around the lughole!

2)     The hammer Iain is wielding was in fact supposed to be a traditional thrice-boiled battle haggis. Unfortunately Iain was unable to supply me with a description due to it being an "ancient secret weapon the making of which you sassanach's are not privy to so clear off sharpish afore you feel one upside yer bonce!"

3)     No modellers were harmed during the production of this picture.

4)     I really am going to have to stop using this plastic solvent!

Bill

Excellent work there Bill, but I think you've missed off the vat of Colron...

attachicon.gifBRM.jpg

With apologies to Phil Spector and the Crystals, are the 2 characters dancing to the 1963 hit "da doo colron da doo colron?"

To-day it was chimney pots and wiring.

The first pic shows the isolation switches (I always hard wire points thus providing guaranteed  electrical continuity and not relying on that silly inadequate contact nib that only works once after you've laid the point but this is at the expense of the points isolating feature) and when the layout's not running a crate is dropped over the switches as seen in the second pic - good innit !

Cheers.

Allan.

post-18579-0-30697800-1384879478_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-57307800-1384879498_thumb.jpg

• Like 4