"Anything You Can do, I Can Do Better ! Robinson and Downes.

Iain,I know you're browsing - get some pictures up !!

Cheers mate.

Allan.

I'm not putting pictures of my hair up so that you guys can model thatch...it's getting a bit thin on top these days... :nono:

cheers,

Iain

PS I have been working on the Foundry...will have some pics to show in a few days...hopefully!

• Like 1

UNOFFICIAL RMweb POLL

I've had a word with one of the gaffers - Iain - regarding a fun-poll. Its based on something I've noticed time and time again during my forum travels.

Q: How many railway-modellers play guitar and have cat(s)?

I'm one (if I can call abusing the thing, so) and we currently have two cats - although numbers don't count, 

And Iain makes two, although, sadly, his long-term landlord recently popped his clogs; but that still counts. He'll be forever haunted till he finds another.

So that's, two...

Any partakers? Or am I going to look an even bigger clot than I do most of the time. :D

Regards,

Tony.

• Like 1

Don't have a cat or play the guitar, probably not the start you want.

However, music and music education is how I make my living and have done for about 27 years.

That's fine - and very interesting. Its only the combination of the two that is a matter for curiosity in this case. If it was simply music playing/teaching/industry I think there might well a great many people as creativity is part of the whole persona.

Chances are it'll go pear-shaped but I've known no shame for a very long time! (jester-smilie-can't be arsed to look for it-thingy)

Tony.

Allan! Go out and grab next-door's moggie - now!

Edited by Brass0four

I've e just had a (very rare) sensible thought. If - and its not likely - this was to go RMweb viral, it could really muck up this thread!

(When will I learn to button it!) If so I'll start a thread and stats can be transferred and it stopped in its paw-tracks.

And I keep saying I've no time! Sheeeeeeesh!

Time for bed. When I wake this'll be nothing but a crazy dream!

Hopefully :(

• RMweb Premium

Wonder who's going to post a picture of thier cat/s first and turn this thread into a moggie-fest by which time BrassOfour wakes up his bad dream will have become a nightmare!  

Edit: Mine are all out, hiding due to imminent house move.

Edited by Sasquatch

I have 2 cats, and "play" the guitar.

Readers of my blog might have noticed one of my cats, Bailey sneak into the odd photo. Now Bailey, whenever I pick up the guitar likes to jump up onto the desk then across to the guitar, climbing onto the neck and patting the strings with his paw as I attempt to play...

• Like 3

Things have gone a bit quiet lately and, of course, you've all been building the Mill and Farm so naturaly it's to be expected sez he with tongue in cheek.

So, here is this weekend's delight - Ye Olde Village Forge, with aditional roof detail influenced by Robinsons hair.

Cheers.

Allan.

attachicon.gifIMG_0018.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0019.jpg

So Many projects, so little time.

Sorry I can't do my homework this weekend sir, the dog ate my er....

• Like 1

I am well known for my fondness of pussies, and I play the spoons.

Does that count?

Close! what ya do is drill six little holes at one end, six at the other, stretch some cat-gut in between - go out and *rescue* a ######, an your in!

Tony.

(No animals were hurt in any part of this, etc.)

I can't believe it! It deleted ######!

twice. starts with p ends with y

Edited by Brass0four

Sadly, my tomcat Grease disappeared many years ago, and I've never been able to bring myself to replace him. He wasn't a fan of my singing, never mind my guitar "playing"; whenever I picked up the instrument of torture, he'd utter a piteous miaow and retreat to the farthest corner, paws firmly over ears and tail lashing. If I ever do acquire another cat, it would probably be kinder to choose one that didn't possess perfect pitch ...

Edit: gave my singing a dishonourable mention.

Edited by bluebottle
  • Like 2

I have 2 cats, and "play" the guitar.

Readers of my blog might have noticed one of my cats, Bailey sneak into the odd photo. Now Bailey, whenever I pick up the guitar likes to jump up onto the desk then across to the guitar, climbing onto the neck and patting the strings with his paw as I attempt to play...

Hurrah! Three!

Sadly, my tomcat Grease disappeared many years ago, and I've never been able to bring myself to replace him. He wasn't a fan of my singing, never mind my guitar "playing"; whenever I picked the instrument of torture up, he'd utter a piteous miaow and retreat to the farthest corner. paws firmly over ears and tail lashing. If I ever do acquire another cat, it would probably be kinder to choose one that didn't possess perfect pitch ...

Edit: gave my singing a dishonourable mention.

Don't worry. cats'll pitch as far as you can chuck 'em. :D

Em... most cats... :(

Edited by Brass0four