Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

Jim.

I notice with so many of your COLAS workings heading from Derby to Crewe that a routing via the WCML is preferred, using the Lichfield Trent Valley high level to low level curve.

When, of course, there is a more obvious and less busy route available via Uttoxeter.

Is there any specific reason for this.

Jim.

I notice with so many of your COLAS workings heading from Derby to Crewe that a routing via the WCML is preferred, using the Lichfield Trent Valley high level to low level curve.

When, of course, there is a more obvious and less busy route available via Uttoxeter.

Is there any specific reason for this.

Hi Jim,

Out of interest (and sorry if it's a daft question), what's the yellow lock on the rail in front of 67014?  Does it protect a main line from trains leaving the siding, or does it prevent movements within the depot?

Do you know if any of the new Network Rail DVTs are in use yet?  I've only seen the DBSOs near me.

Thanks.

Anyone else think the DB logos just stuck on the Royal class 67s look tacky? I would say cheap but that's because they are, would have thought they would have put some effort in with some more fitting DB logos on then bit like EWS had on there!!

• RMweb Gold

some from last night, railvac to chester

56s in basford hall

9C14D64A-FA0D-4720-AE05-E53309942F98.jpg

and in chester having split the train and moved 1/2 back into the station area

3F171420-729F-43D1-9830-438D7D884E2A.jpg

northern 150

D6E7EE5E-9F52-4F53-B7B8-5DDBBBB505E8.jpg

5696AA52-CE6E-486D-99E2-9BD54ADC0CCA.jpg

merseyrail unit stabled on platform 7

5E63A0C1-1E02-4E43-8936-C469A48B6F01.jpg

back there tonight to bring the train beack to crewe

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

It's not a bad pic for a camera phone that one, I really should remember to take my proper camera out with me more but it's always difficult on ballast/ site jobs to get pics, tend to get more on the IM turns with change ends in platforms etc

I only took one iphone pic tonight, again Basford hall but this time a class 90 on a liner train

B11F8CA7-14E3-4317-A5B1-7D277642ECCE.jpg

• Like 12