Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Gold

Something from your Chiltern days for you to drive Jim,

67023/027 now re-allocated to the Colas (COTS) test train pool, seemingly the sale of the locos from DB to Colas is now in the public domain

Edited to correct typo.

glad it's in the public domain but no one has told me!

glad it's in the public domain but no one has told me!

I'll do some more digging on it, seemingly the word spreading is these have moved across and it has showed on a TOPS list, may well be someones sarcastic joke somewhere?

• RMweb Premium

For the repainters out there. (I also have a 60 and 47 to do at the same time)

Rails Sheffield are doing TTS 67s at £119.50......

Buy via their website - £4 postage. Buy via their ebay shop - £2 postage........

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

For the repainters out there. (I also have a 60 and 47 to do at the same time)

Buy via their website - £4 postage. Buy via their ebay shop - £2 postage........

Cheers,

Mick

Thanks for that, now what's your address for me to get it sent to to save me the trouble of doing one myself!

If it is true then at least if they are used on the IM trains they don't need the HEP (ETH) running so it will be a bit quieter for the drivers

• RMweb Gold

66850 COLO HOOJNUPYD HOOJNUPYD C N 5D A
67023 COTS CREWEIEMD CREWEIEMD F M 12D A
67027 COTS TOTON TMD TOTON TMD F X 11D A
70801 COLO BESCOT ES 656V46CY05 C * WESTBURYY N 8D A

Thanks to Anon

• Like 1

From WNXX:

"

Colas Class 67s...

67023 at Crewe EMD and 67027 at Toton, the two Class 67s offered for sale by DBC a few weeks ago, have been reallocated to the COTS (Colas storage pool) from WQAA this afternoon. On the system the ownership codes currently still list them as DBC traction but this will probably change.

"

• RMweb Gold

Jim

You need to speak to your management (and an agent!) about getting your own TV series. Your photos are awesome but something along the lines of "Stobarts Trucks and Trailers" ("Colas Jim down on the tracks") would have us glued to the TV (and be far better!). A weekly 30 minutes of that would be fab :)

BBC might go for it after Trainspotting Live?

For info Scograil have them at £118.95 and free postage. Bargain wherever you get it.

Tony

Edited by ruggedpeak
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

i can think of nothing worse!

dont fancy being the next jeremy spake or jane mcDonald

A wise man speaks! Please just keep doing what you are now. Far more entertaining and interesting than having it third hand via TV.

Edited by Chris116

Hi Jim, am I right in saying that the Baglan Logs don't run anymore? I guess the factory either has enough coming down from the north or they have run out of trees in Wales!!!!!!

Thanks for the continued updates :sungum:

Some of the logs that might otherwise have gone to Chirk could be going to the wood-chip-fired power station at the other end of Port Talbot.

Some of the logs that might otherwise have gone to Chirk could be going to the wood-chip-fired power station at the other end of Port Talbot.

Ah well, there's still plenty of unloved Class 50s knocking around  :jester: