Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

Not going to lie Jim that makes for an erm interesting route to say the least!

One for you though out of interest as you had to use one are the DB class 66s any different from the Colas ones?? While I guess they are broadly the same hence you can drive both are there any more subtule differences between the different batches?

• RMweb Premium

And not a picture of the LNER kettle on show or reference to it. Brilliant !

Nice pics, boy do you get around

Give it a couple of weeks when it's rostered to do a S&C/WCML railtour...........

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Have not been able to see any of Jim's pics on this thread for the last few days. Even the older pics that i have seen have disappeared. It does not look like any other thread is affected as I can see the pictures fine. Have I changed a setting I don't know about? Any ideas gratefully received please as I do like this thread and appreciate Jim's photography.

• RMweb Premium

Have not been able to see any of Jim's pics on this thread for the last few days. Even the older pics that i have seen have disappeared. It does not look like any other thread is affected as I can see the pictures fine. Have I changed a setting I don't know about? Any ideas gratefully received please as I do like this thread and appreciate Jim's photography.

They show up fine in google I have just done a long catchup from around page 100. Try a different browser see if they appear and work from there.

• RMweb Gold

No issues here, they are uploaded to photobucket, so external hosting and ive never had any issues with it in the 8 years ive had my account

There are a few flickr uploads on the previous page, can you see those? (ews 66 in kingmoor on the silver bullets being one of them)

• RMweb Gold

It'seems a real puzzle. Every other thread shows pics OK but all of the pics on Jim' s thread have disappeared - even those I have already looked at. Suddenly started yesterday - no settings have been changed.

Same problem using different different browsers (Firefox and Edge with no imports of settings) and, surprisingly,

I have same problem on my android tablet and a 2nd PC in the house.

Completely confused and baffled at moment.

Just getting file names but no pics after long delay in loading.

If I click on file name it takes me to photobucket but will not open pic.

Any suggestions and ideas welcome please.

Jim. Apologies for using your site for this question but I do really enjoy your pics and want to start seeing them again.

Edit: additional comment

Edited by highpeakman

• RMweb Gold

Looks like an interesting night ahead, the logs are stuck in chirk due to flooding between gobowen and shrewsbury, to top it off the baglan logs is 100+ late leaving hereford heading to chirk

Its lashing down in crewe and im wondering if the carlisle logs will leave at all, (im on later wbq to carlisle) if not then the baglans will have to be recessed at crewe or wrexham for the night

• RMweb Gold

It'seems a real puzzle. Every other thread shows pics OK but all of the pics on Jim' s thread have disappeared - even those I have already looked at. Suddenly started yesterday - no settings have been changed.

Same problem using different different browsers (Firefox and Edge with no imports of settings) and, surprisingly,

I have same problem on my android tablet and a 2nd PC in the house.

Completely confused and baffled at moment.

Just getting file names but no pics after long delay in loading.

If I click on file name it takes me to photobucket but will not open pic.

Any suggestions and ideas welcome please.

Jim. Apologies for using your site for this question but I do really enjoy your pics and want to start seeing them again.

Edit: additional comment

can you see this picture?

13975633139_5ffbd4dfc0_b.jpgDSCF6581 by jim scott, on Flickr

that one is on flickr, if you can then it may be a photobucket plug in problem

Edited by big jim
  • Like 9

• RMweb Gold

can you see this picture?

13975633139_5ffbd4dfc0_b.jpgDSCF6581 by jim scott, on Flickr

that one is on flickr, if you can then it may be a photobucket plug in problem

Yes, I can see that one perfectly Thanks. I still have no access to any of your other pictures on this thread on either of 2 PCs, a tablet or my phone (is it something I've said?) although there is no problem with any other thread that I can find.

It's either some mysterious problem with photobucket (but nobody else seems to suffer from it?) or with my ISP it seems. 

Thanks for posting the pic Jim. It helps in trying to resolve the problem although I have no solution at the moment.

I do note that the photobucket file number appears in the post (but only after about 30 - 40 seconds). Clicking on that takes me to the photobucket site and the page for the picture but it still won't open it. If I go to the main web site page it displays the main page pictures fine.

I am anxious not to divert any attention away from your pictures on this thread so just one last plea in case anyone has any ideas as to the cause of the problem. I so enjoy the pictures and comments it is not so enjoyable reading the comments but being unable to see the pics. 

Keep posting please and Thanks again for your help and in providing such an interesting thread.

Edited by highpeakman

• RMweb Premium

Well if I'm honest at the moment there is a bit of a lack of consistency with the DRS Tesco trains.

Sometimes you get a single Class 68 at the head of the train although the majority are busy tied up in other work which is when the DRS 66s have to step in. When the 66s are used on these trains there usually double headed although sometimes they can be worked by a single Class 66. At the moment with the current DRS fleet going through a series of repairs, exams and overhauls I think it's just use what's available and if this means swopping between traction so be it.

Traction for these trains is usually swopped at Kingmoor. So this also means it's just what's on Kingmoor at the time that has been repaired, off exam and in active traffic. The locos that come off the train are then stopped for exams and repairs and consequently return to traffic a lot of the time going straight back onto the Tesco trains.

Edited by DRS Crewe On A Mission